Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok getting pissed off. outdrive oil tank on the scarab is leaking where it slides onto the mount. i have called around and get the run around from all the boat shops here in town. one says they need the serial number off the outdrive. then another says it won't help but I am to go down and POINT to their computer as to the one I have an need

here is a couple pics of what i have. its not the original engine combo and finding out that is what is screwing me for getting a new one. if anyone has any ideas, has one laying around, ideas for an aftermarket unit that is a better design etc SPEAK UP!! LOL

i have it off the mount so it won't leak all over the fresh paint in the engine bay

·
Registered
317 Posts
that is a standard drive oil reservoir I screwed up one time an layed mine on the pulley an fired it up an put a clean cut right through it I would call teage or extreme custom marine they deal with this kind of stuff like after market motors with stock drive packages most factory merc shops want the motor vin were the ecm is

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to get ahold of Marc @ BAM and going to order one at the end of the week. Thanks guys! wished there were some aftermarket options like an aluminum tank etc that WON'T leak and durable! lol

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
That is a standard Merc reservoir that any Merc shop should have in stock.

IMCO makes a very nice reservoir tank that mounts to the transom.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Reservoir bottle

ok getting pissed off. outdrive oil tank on the scarab is leaking where it slides onto the mount. i have called around and get the run around from all the boat shops here in town. one says they need the serial number off the outdrive. then another says it won't help but I am to go down and POINT to their computer as to the one I have an need

here is a couple pics of what i have. its not the original engine combo and finding out that is what is screwing me for getting a new one. if anyone has any ideas, has one laying around, ideas for an aftermarket unit that is a better design etc SPEAK UP!! LOL

i have it off the mount so it won't leak all over the fresh paint in the engine bay

Part number for the bottle with the fitting facing the port side is 806193A46 @ $87.54 a pop... Merc retail

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you tried all the shops in Abq.???? There are several alternatives to the one that you have. The main reason some shops need a serial # is that some of the outlet barbs on the bottom of the reservoir point different directions which might be a problem if your hose is cut to the proper length. As the other guy stated, there are aftermarket types that mount to the transom where there is less vibration which causes many of the problems associated with CPS.

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried all the shops in Abq.???? There are several alternatives to the one that you have. The main reason some shops need a serial # is that some of the outlet barbs on the bottom of the reservoir point different directions which might be a problem if your hose is cut to the proper length. As the other guy stated, there are aftermarket types that mount to the transom where there is less vibration which causes many of the problems associated with CPS.
If you could get me set up that would be great. A good friend of mine works for you. Steven. I am.on the oil rig now and will be home Thursday and would like to have it fixed when i get home so my son and I can go out on the water. Steven has my number but not really able to take calls during the day while working but will try and sneak in a call.

·
Registered
432 Posts

part # 806193a46

·
Scarab 22
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to D&M Marine, I am covered! Thanks Mark! will be here tomorrow and installed and head to the lake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts