Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was a good buy due to the cost. I guess i should have spent a little bit more and bought a boat that would have lasted for more than 10 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!

This boat litterally had 10 hrs on it, i bought it new in havasu. Just hit a wake at about 60 mph. This was the end result.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everyone is fine now, after a week in the hospital and about 100k out of my pocket everything is fine. epa and clean up 35k, cash for boat about 65k.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Glad you (and your passengers) are okay.

What's the preliminary ruling for cause of failure?

This is the first I've heard of this accident - I'm assuming Cheetah will chime in shortly. Then again, I could only imagine the legal battle ahead. Maybe we won't hear a response.

:))eek:)):))eek:))

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
cant wait to see with the cheetah guy has to say about this. im getting my popcorn ready. i predict this being moved to spam or maybe even deleted by admin.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
I thought it was a good buy due to the cost. I guess i should have spent a little bit more and bought a boat that would have lasted for more than 10 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!

This boat litterally had 10 hrs on it, i bought it new in havasu. Just hit a wake at about 60 mph. This was the end result.
so this is a 2009???

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts

what model? 23 scorpian....

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thats a Stiletto...

Im think your numbers are a little off there as theres no way you paid 65K for that boat unless your running Ilmor power.

Sorry to hear things like that and glad everyone was okay.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Damn.... Hope your insurance was up to date and most importantly glad to hear everybody came out ok in the end. As far as the wake is concerned.... are we talking a ski boat wake or a 4 foot roller from a wake board boat????

·
Registered
615 Posts
what year is it
I would assume it's an 09 or 10 being that this is his first post and it only had 10hrs.

Wondering if this was a "Cheetah Bob" boat or a "Cheetah by Domn8er". Not that it matters that much as I think they are both laid up at the same place.

I could see this happening by hitting another boat, sandbar or some huge rollers maybe, but not just a wake. Doesnt make sense to me.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.