Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after weeks of headache the mach 1 is coming back to LA to get tore down. this damn thing has up'd my beer stock, but because i love boats so much it pushes me to go further. the guys at jetboat plus sent me this on the leak down they did and its pretty bad! the numbers are all over the place and this IS the real reason for my excessive oil problem. imma get it tuesday and get some much needed help on the tear down, so i can hopefully get a run or two in before the end of the season. hopefully the pistons and rods are in some kind of shape and its just the rings. and no problems with the cylinder walls. wish me luck and advice thru this :drinkin:

photo-4.jpg

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Those numbers look a little.....funny...just saying

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the same thing someone else told me. We might do one more before its torn down. Those numbers looked wild. Matt who did it said he did it twice. I'll keep you updated on the rebuild

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Cylinder #4 has 180lbs compression and is leaking 62%. That doesn't seem right does it?

Unless that 1 is actually a spec of fly shit and it's supposed to be 80..............

Hole #7 is suspect too with 130 lbs compression at 70% leakage.

I'm no motor guy, but I'd have to question the numbers some.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cylinder #4 has 180lbs compression and is leaking 62%. That doesn't seem right does it?

Unless that 1 is actually a spec of fly shit and it's supposed to be 80..............

Hole #7 is suspect too with 130 lbs compression at 70% leakage.

I'm no motor guy, but I'd have to question the numbers some.
Thats the same thing I was saying. Imma try and get a second opinion because I don't think they're right. Can't be lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wether the numbers are right or not. It sounds like the motor still needs to be freshened up at the least

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Leak down tests work better when the valves are closed on the cylinder you're testing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts