Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
The Dog Catcher
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just down at the channel today and noticed stakes on the island side from the dog park the rest of the way south to the swim area. I am not a rocket scientist by any means but I am thinking they are ready to continue building the 'wall'. Why in the world would you not do this Dec-Feb? One more example of heads up arses. Don't give me 'we got the funding now and have to do it now BS'.

·
The Dog Catcher
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't understand why everyone is so hard on this city and they way they conduct business:)grn
LOL. Let's see...ummm...how can we totally get things wrong this year...duh...I know...let's build a wall and have everything roped off and inaccessable right when boating season starts...perfect.

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
Just down at the channel today and noticed stakes on the island side from the dog park the rest of the way south to the swim area. I am not a rocket scientist by any means but I am thinking they are ready to continue building the 'wall'. Why in the world would you not do this Dec-Feb? One more example of heads up arses. Don't give me 'we got the funding now and have to do it now BS'.
That is a SLIF Grant funded project. The SLIF Grants didn't receive final legislative approval until mid December. Then agreements had to be sent, signed and returned, pushing it into January. No "work" could be done until the City received the agreements back from State Parks.

Proposals, engineering, specs, bid advertising and opening, contract acceptance and other such things take time. I'm surprised they're getting started on it so soon.

They couldn't delay the project until next winter, since there's a specific timetable requirement for completion of the grant project. Also, if the City didn't begin work and using the funds there was a possibility that the Governor would see all that money laying around and strip it to help alleviate the State Budget crisis.

Funds are reimbursed after the City pays the bills. Until the City submits for reimbursement, that money is sitting in a State Park Account.

There may be things that LHC appears to SNAFU, but this one is out of their hands. This is the same grant program that I deal with, so I know of what I speak.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
That is a SLIF Grant funded project. The SLIF Grants didn't receive final legislative approval until mid December. Then agreements had to be sent, signed and returned, pushing it into January. No "work" could be done until the City received the agreements back from State Parks.

Proposals, engineering, specs, bid advertising and opening, contract acceptance and other such things take time. I'm surprised they're getting started on it so soon.

They couldn't delay the project until next winter, since there's a specific timetable requirement for completion of the grant project. Also, if the City didn't begin work and using the funds there was a possibility that the Governor would see all that money laying around and strip it to help alleviate the State Budget crisis.

Funds are reimbursed after the City pays the bills. Until the City submits for reimbursement, that money is sitting in a State Park Account.

There may be things that LHC appears to SNAFU, but this one is out of their hands. This is the same grant program that I deal with, so I know of what I speak.
Why don't you peeeps from Havisu vote Alan as your representative he stands behind you more than most, He doesn't pull punches or talks side ways. I think that he would be a great representative or how about Sherrif. I don't live there but he cares

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
Why don't you peeeps from Havisu vote Alan as your representative he stands behind you more than most, He doesn't pull punches or talks side ways. I think that he would be a great representative or how about Sherrif. I don't live there but he cares
Don't work there.
Don't live there.
Don't wanna work there.
Don't wannna live there.

Just edjumacating the masses.

·
Registered
773 Posts
They might want to consider some stairs, my wife broke her foot Saturday trying to get down from the wall to the beach.............
That would require them to have some common sense.:)sphss How hard would it have been to make some stairs along the wall so people could get up and down from the sidewalk?

I bought a small plastic ladder to get in the front of the boat and it works great for the wall too.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts