Sky Water Vehicle Tree Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Water Cloud Sky Boat Watercraft

Water Sky Boat Cloud Tree
Water Sky Lake Natural landscape Landscape
Water Cloud Sky Boat Watercraft
Water Boat Vehicle Watercraft Sky
Water Sky Boat Cloud Tree

Water Boat Vehicle Watercraft Sky

This was our family boat since I was around 10 yrs old, my dad sold it to my uncle when I was in my early 20s, it had deteriorating seats, transom was getting squishy, but it ran like a champ, it was the glue that kept us all together at the lake. It was shitty seeing it go. When I was in my late 30s, I get a call from my uncle about selling us the boat back for the same $1000 that he bought for, I jumped on it. Seats had totally gone to shit, starter cone was broke in half, carburetor was shot, header water lines were clogged so the headers were an awful burnt color, the list go's on and on. I've been putting a shit load of time and money in thing from wheels, bearings and chains just to get it to tow safe. Last time out at lake camanche, water was low, I was doing a u turn and sent some rocks through the pump, after I get the pump put back in I will have refreshed or replaced everything but the fucking boat but the steering wheel

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very nice looking boat. Treat that Olds nice and it will run forever. Who is doing your pump work?

Are you local to Camanche? I live close to Hogan. Just a friendly warning if you launch at Hogan, get up to date tags. There is a fish and game guy that is all over the reg/mussel sticker thing every time I go out there.

·
Registered
73 Eliminator
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice looking boat. Treat that Olds nice and it will run forever. Who is doing your pump work?

Are you local to Camanche? I live close to Hogan. Just a friendly warning if you launch at Hogan, get up to date tags. There is a fish and game guy that is all over the reg/mussel sticker thing every time I go out there.
Pump is getting done here in manteca, the guy is really good, he even coached me trough my transom replacement

·
Registered
73 Eliminator
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm in manteca, about 40 mins away, im hooked on the full hook up sites there, when there's water though, those 3 rocks in my pump were pretty pricey

·
Registered
73 Eliminator
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Is this John?

·
Registered
73 Eliminator
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. It just dawned on me who you were. I know a Manteca welder😆
That's hilarious! I found ths site because everything I look up leads me here, so i joined the other day, ya, Chris has my pump, while the pump was out I ripped out the transom, it was really bad on the druvers side from the mounts on the cavitation plates, Chris said I should just delete the wood all together, so I did, 6 layers of 1708 took care of that problem for good, how have you been? Did you get a chance to put your boat together?

·
Registered
73 Eliminator
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's hilarious! I found ths site because everything I look up leads me here, so i joined the other day, ya, Chris has my pump, while the pump was out I ripped out the transom, it was really bad on the druvers side from the mounts on the cavitation plates, Chris said I should just delete the wood all together, so I did, 6 layers of 1708 took care of that problem for good, how have you been? Did you get a chance to put your boat together?
I can't wait to get back on the water, these cold months are when I come out to play

1 - 11 of 11 Posts