Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am done, I am sick of the bs around here. every boat related topic that has anything to do with a non paid advertiser goes to grey water. Its Bull shit. This is a boating site where we should be free to talk about boats, boat builds , boating what ever the fucck we want. But you people are so worried about making a buck you are missing the big picture. The people who make this site money are the members. If it was not for us you would not be making a dime. No one would pay to advertise to an empty forum. So you keep making the rules and play you game your way. I'll move on.

VMJTC3 OUT:|err

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I love forum suicides :)sphss....I think you are the first on this site. Congratulations. There were a bunch on other sites. They always seemed to come back sooner or later.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
He makes a legitimate point!
Yes but at the same time, PerformanceBoats.com has content beyond the forums. The forum area is just a small portion of it and I sometimes think that a lot of people don't understand that.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Yes but at the same time, PerformanceBoats.com has content beyond the forums. The forum area is just a small portion of it and I sometimes think that a lot of people don't understand that.

Without readers there would be no Performance Boats mag. either, hence no need for advertisers to pay PB for ads.

The readers are the end market for a mag, not the advertisers.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The censorship here and other sites is off the hook, Yea yea I know you have a thousand reasons for doing it when you do it but it's still wrong.

Maybe one day they, like small business owners will figure out the electronic age is upon us and you just can't treat people like shit and think your're going to get away with it.

Again yea yea I know it's your sand box and you can do with what you want, but if you don't watch it you could very easily go the way of another boat mag that thought the internet was just a nuisance.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
It's not your site. The owners can do as they like. How much has it cost you to use this site? Nothing!

If you feel that way why not just stop posting. Why the need to post that you will no longer post? I bet you post at least anther 10 times.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
It's not your site. The owners can do as they like. How much has it cost you to use this site? Nothing!

If you feel that way why not just stop posting. Why the need to post that you will no longer post? I bet you post at least anther 10 times.

Your missing the point, without readers there is no mag and without readers advertisers won't run ads. This is a classic example of business losing vision of who the real customer is.

Remember, "Hotboat never tested a boat they didn't like" and look where it got them!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Your missing the point, without readers there is no mag and without readers advertisers won't run ads. This is a classic example of business losing vision of who the real customer is.

Remember, "Hotboat never tested a boat they didn't like" and look where it got them!
Magazines survived long before the internet was around. This in not much more that a social forum with some boating mixed in.

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
I am done, I am sick of the bs around here. every boat related topic that has anything to do with a non paid advertiser goes to grey water. Its Bull shit. This is a boating site where we should be free to talk about boats, boat builds , boating what ever the fucck we want. But you people are so worried about making a buck you are missing the big picture. The people who make this site money are the members. If it was not for us you would not be making a dime. No one would pay to advertise to an empty forum. So you keep making the rules and play you game your way. I'll move on.

So?

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I LOVE these threads... :)devil

Even more I love the complaints about censorship and unfair treatment. NEWS FLASH: Michael Jackson=STILL DEAD. Next news flash: It's a private board that is being paid for out of Performance Boat's bank account, and I'm guessing that the site sucks up some bandwidth and isn't a cheap operation, so you're goddamn right they get to say what goes on and what doesn't.

It's really simple folks: If you don't like it, go somewhere else or start your own board. Personally, I think this is one of the better ones out there in the way of admin, etc. Follow the rules and you won't have a problem. Or just go away. :)sphss

Attachments

·
MEDIUM PIMPIN!!!
1,494 Posts

AHAHAAAAAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!:)hammersReality

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
The censorship here and other sites is off the hook, Yea yea I know you have a thousand reasons for doing it when you do it but it's still wrong.

Maybe one day they, like small business owners will figure out the electronic age is upon us and you just can't treat people like shit and think your're going to get away with it.

Again yea yea I know it's your sand box and you can do with what you want, but if you don't watch it you could very easily go the way of another boat mag that thought the internet was just a nuisance.
I'm curious. What was censored? Chris moved a thread. It's his prerogative as he pays the bills. The thread is still there. You can still view it. You can still post to it. It just doesn't have a prime spot for reasons I outlined in my post there last evening. How is moving a thread on a free forum treating people like shit or censoring? Everyone's got an opinion I guess but I don't see it here.

And if there's a thousand reasons for doing it how can it be wrong? I don't think there is a thousand but I'm just sayin... there are a few.

As far as deleting an account, just stop using if you want, it will be fine. Deleting doesn't delete anything but access to it anyway. Posts all remain regardless.

Also while I certainly don't pay the bills for this company, being concerned about making a buck is certainly front and center with any company. Since the revenue comes from advertisers I share Chris's view on protecting their interests and visibility over non advertisers on the site. Without them the site would not exist nor would the magazine. Subscription $ barely breaks even to print and mail the books. There is no profit produced to pay any of the overhead there. Just some insight about what makes it tick.

If you're looking for a strictly social site that doesn't rely on advertisers to pay for it there are a shitload of them out there. But I'll guarantee you they won't have the content, beyond a forum to bs on and user content. Once they have pro produced content they have to have advertisers to pay for it. The forum on this site probably represents about 10% of it's content (taking a guess). I wish more would hit the home page and look around at the galleries, video library, etc. and really see what this site has to offer besides the forum.

G

·
While I understand vmjtc3's point, I have to agree for the most part with Thumbs. This site is provided to the members that use it for free. If the owners choose to impose rules that the members don't agree with, the members have two choices. Accept them or move on.

vmjtc3 apparently has chosen to move on which is his right. It's is my opinion that very few others will follow his lead, but for those of you who do, I'll say I will be sorry to see you leave.

I have had thoughts, more than once, of asking that my account to be deleted due to the site not being as much about boating as I would like but like many here, I'm hooked :D

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts

Cmon, lets air it out... What is the issue (in detail)??? I have found Mike and the others her to be WAY more than reasonable and tollerant/flexible...

Give us the link and lets air it out... :)hand

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I have had thoughts, more than once, of asking that my account to be deleted due to the site not being as much about boating as I would like but like many here, I'm hooked :D
Seeing as you have the most posts on this site, you've been the largest participant in those "non boating" discussions. ;)

·
Here for the laughs!
125 Posts

Awwwwwe... I see nothing has changed since i left... :)Violin

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.