Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way you can get me a list of people racing at NJBA (Ming specifically) since 1990 that have lost there lives? This not for any kind of law suit. I am just trying to put together a memorial for them. From what I can remember, there was Mike Bowman in Electric Blue, The guy in the hydro whose helmet was coming off and caused him to crash. The guy in Lance Oster's old jet, The guy in the hydro that went up on the Hill, Stevie Smith, and I cannot remember any other's. Again, this is not for anything other than setting up a memorial for them. It was actually my mom's idea. She was very distraught over Stevie's passing and she wanted to do this. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
the hydro helmet guy was mike schwartz (sp?). there was also that kid from texas about 8-9 years ago, can't remember his name. rich durnell knew him.

·
Registered
415 Posts
the hydro helmet guy was mike schwartz (sp?). there was also that kid from texas about 8-9 years ago, can't remember his name. rich durnell knew him.
First name was Tony cant remember last name! was cp or texas tunnel right of the start line if i remember!!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
First name was Tony cant remember last name! was cp or texas tunnel right of the start line if i remember!!!
They borrowed a battery from us. I was standing next to the older gentleman that owned the boat when it happened. That was awfull. Wierdest thing I have ever seen a boat do. Very sad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I remember a guy with a blown alchol jetboat passed away shortly after crashing, it was a couple years back i think his name was Charlie Hudson.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
I remember a guy with a blown alchol jetboat passed away shortly after crashing, it was a couple years back i think his name was Charlie Hudson.
That's the one in my PM I was speaking of Tony ... Charlie Hudson. I think the boat was called White Lightning

BB

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I appreciate all the help. Thank you very much!

So right now we have

Mike Bowman
Dale Anderson
Mike Schwartz
Charlie Hudson
Jay Wallace
Stevie Smith
Tony Owens

and the guy in Lance's old boat. Can anyone come up with his name? I want to think he was of Persian desent. I think his first name was Naj?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I appreciate all the help. Thank you very much!

So right now we have

Mike Bowman
Dale Anderson
Mike Schwartz
Charlie Hudson
Jay Wallace
Stevie Smith
Tony Owens

and the guy in Lance's old boat. Can anyone come up with his name? I want to think he was of Persian desent. I think his first name was Naj?
IM not positive but i think Charlie's last name is Hobson!!!! :)bulb

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
Tony, Let's not forget Jim Benson, April 93 I believe. A good friend and fantastic competitor...
Edit to add it was an IHBA event if that matters.... Still feels like it happened yesterday if I start thinking about it...
And another edit to add if you need any help with this $$$ or otherwise, call me.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tony, Let's not forget Jim Benson, April 93 I believe. A good friend and fantastic competitor...
Edit to add it was an IHBA event if that matters.... Still feels like it happened yesterday if I start thinking about it...
And another edit to add if you need any help with this $$$ or otherwise, call me.

Thanks David,

I appreciate it! I will add Jim Benson to the list.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts