Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do u think the 7075 victor tunnel ram intake would work on a 9.5-1 twin turbo 526 bbc (size) wise on a jet drag type boat with efi ? Wouldnt it be better than a 4 barrel intake with an elbow on it? Would a dart cast tunnel ram be better? 7000rpm 20 lbs boost.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
How do u think the 7075 victor tunnel ram intake would work on a 9.5-1 twin turbo 526 bbc (size) wise on a jet drag type boat with efi ? Wouldnt it be better than a 4 barrel intake with an elbow on it? Would a dart cast tunnel ram be better? 7000rpm 20 lbs boost.
I think it would complicate the plumbing and I don't believe there would be much if any power gain over a decent single four, especially with EFI where your'e not worrying about fuel distribution. How would you control the air? TB's on top of the TR, then elbows on top of that, or some sort of box with a single or dual TB's on the sides? I know there are already set up's out there. There might be a slight benefit from having equal runner lengths and some plenum voume, but with 20# boost I don't think it's huge. There are some really, really powerful single four deals out there. I'm not a fan of the dart TR.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
You thinking something like this?

If I recall correctly the guy who built it is from Finland.

S CP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts