Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful boat! Hondo/Fineline? Where is the capsule?
Thanks Rick...........it's a Kurtis 501. No capsule - just limited to 165mph with NJBA. We can run as quick an ET as possible, just can't go over 165. I plan to run it in 1,000' only - which makes it easier to stay under the mph limit. The boat has run faster than 165 on several occasions, but it won't once I regear/reprop it and only run 1,000'. I'm actually going to use the electronics in the boat to keep me down around 150mph at 1,000' - just try and get there as quick as possible! ;)

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
Thanks Rick...........it's a Kurtis 501. No capsule - just limited to 165mph with NJBA. We can run as quick an ET as possible, just can't go over 165. I plan to run it in 1,000' only - which makes it easier to stay under the mph limit. The boat has run faster than 165 on several occasions, but it won't once I regear/reprop it and only run 1,000'. I'm actually going to use the electronics in the boat to keep me down around 150mph at 1,000' - just try and get there as quick as possible! ;)
Gas or Alcohol ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Holy shit dale!Thats a badass 501!I saw bill rathke run a 6.6? Something back in the day.Congrats on the new ride!look forward to seeing you at Ming next year.Give me a call if you have it at the house.Id like to come by and check it out.👍

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Gas or Alcohol ?
I'm not tellin'.............:wink2:

I'm guessing Alky based on the speeds. Just a guess though.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
hydros

Hey Steve, While were on the subject of hydros, How about a couple of pics of the hydro you had for those of us were'nt around to see it in person.:yes:

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
Hey Steve, While were on the subject of hydros, How about a couple of pics of the hydro you had for those of us were'nt around to see it in person.:yes:
"Aw shucks" Bill, Id' have to do some real digging, those pics haven't been seen for more than twenty years.
I've got a couple on this computer, but they aren't much. :)

blk sanger.jpg Sanger @ Colusa (driven from B.I.)

scan0050.jpg Waffleman @ the drags (Oakland)

scan0031.jpg Headed to Long Beach Nationals

scan0042.jpg Maybe we should back the blower down, just a little. :wink2:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So BADASS!!! I love'em Steve! :thumb: Tell me your's didn't have an outboard rudder like your brother's........I can't imagine you'd get around the delta with that setup. :hmmm: Did you guys get any good pics of the blowtorch you built out of Bob's motor? :wink2:

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
So BADASS!!! I love'em Steve! :thumb: Tell me your's didn't have an outboard rudder like your brother's........I can't imagine you'd get around the delta with that setup. :hmmm: Did you guys get any good pics of the blowtorch you built out of Bob's motor? :wink2:
Mine had an inboard rudder. The biggest problem we had with the outboard rudder in the delta was ... it was hard to turn around in the skinny sloughs ... towing a skier. :wink2: .............................................................................. (yes)

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
hydros

Neat pics Steve, If you get diggin around in the archives and find some more, Post em up I'am sure a lot of the old drag boat racers like me as well as
a bunch of the new v-drive guys would enjoy seeing them.:))THumbsUp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts