Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Leal was sentenced to death for the 1994 rape and murder of a U.S. teenager.
Seems justifiable in my eyes. What would you have done? Gave him life so he would cost us 60G a year to keep???

And FUCK the UN!!! Let them tend to Africa and the Middle East!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm almost to the point where i say F' it, nobody else follows them so why should we. I won't give an ounce of sorrow to his ass or anybody else that does these kind of things.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Gomer Pyle said:
Shame on you for thinking you were above the law. I think we should show the rest of the world we are a law abiding nation and execute everyone who had a hand in this illegal criminal activity.
:|err:|err:|err:|err:|err:|err:|err:|err:|err:|err
UN official: US execution of Leal broke int'l law - Yahoo! News
Let me get this straight.
You blindly put your faith on the words of a UN member as fact, a member whos' very job it is to condemn all executions everywhere instead of believing the US Courts and appeals Courts just because the Kenyan got over ruled by said Court?

You call "Shame on Texas"??
I would just LOVE to see you say that to the girls family face to face.

Shame on YOU, fool.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems justifiable in my eyes. What would you have done? Gave him life so he would cost us 60G a year to keep???

And FUCK the UN!!! Let them tend to Africa and the Middle East!
Texas broke the law because they failed to do this:
Pillay also cited a 2004 International Court of Justice ruling saying the U.S. must review and reconsider the cases of 51 Mexican nationals sentenced to death.
Not because they executed the prisoner.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
So the moral of the story: The UN can't save you if you murder in TX.

Good lesson, hope they pay attention.

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
Pillay also cited a 2004 International Court of Justice ruling saying the U.S. must review and reconsider the cases of 51 Mexican nationals sentenced to death.
Not because they executed the prisoner.
You're wrong.......The USA reconsidered and the mother focker had to go to hell.....yesterday.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
ramtheinsignificant said:
Not because they executed the convicted rapist murderer of a teenage girl.
You misspelled a word, I fixed it for you.
You had "prisoner"....

·
Premium Member
957 Posts

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Texas broke no law... may have offended some delicate liberal sensitivities, but thats about it. Little more info in this article....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/08/us/08execute.html?_r=1

In 2008, the Supreme Court acknowledged that the international court’s ruling was binding but said that the president acting alone could not compel states to comply with it. Congress also had to act, the court said.

On Thursday, in an unsigned majority opinion, the Supreme Court said that Congress had had plenty of time to act and that the court would not now “prohibit a state from carrying out a lawful judgment in light of unenacted legislation.”

“Our task,” the majority wrote, “is to rule on what the law is, not what it might eventually be.”

The majority also noted that “the United States studiously refuses to argue that Leal was prejudiced by the Vienna Convention violation,” suggesting that a fresh hearing would do Mr. Leal no good. He was convicted of kidnapping, raping and killing a 16-year-old girl.

“We decline,” the majority wrote, “to follow the United States’ suggestion of granting a stay to allow Leal to bring a claim based on hypothetical legislation when it cannot even bring itself to say that his attempt to overturn his conviction has any prospect of success.”

So some folks wanted to let him hang around a little longer, to see if they could change some shit around to maybe work in his favor. A guy that rapes a 16 yr. old girl with a stick & smashes her head in with a chunk of asphalt.... lovely. :rolleyes: As I mentioned before... next.... ;)

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Tell it to the SUPREME COURT you flucking idiot.:)sphss:)hand:)hand

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
You are completely right and this type of BS will end biting the US is the ass. The US signed a treaty regarding the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, which gives those from foriegn nations (including US citizens while in other countries) certain rights of involvement from their home country. The Supreme Court refused a stay of execution with a 5/4 vote.

This was a bad decision by all involved, IMHO and ultimately will harm US citizens abroad.
So you know better than the Supreme Court once again?

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
You are completely right and this type of BS will end biting the US is the ass. The US signed a treaty regarding the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, which gives those from foriegn nations (including US citizens while in other countries) certain rights of involvement from their home country. The Supreme Court refused a stay of execution with a 5/4 vote.

This was a bad decision by all involved, IMHO and ultimately will harm US citizens abroad.
Wrong...
Courthouse News Service

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the majority, said that prospect future legislation cannot stay a prior death sentence.
"The Due Process Clause does not prohibit a State from carrying out a lawful judgment in light of unenacted legislation that might someday authorize a collateral attack on that judgment," Scalia wrote, adding later. "Our task is to rule on what the law is, not what it might eventually be."
Downplaying the "grave international consequences" warned about, Scalia wrote, "Congress evidently did not find these consequences sufficiently grave to prompt its enactment of implementing legislation, and we will follow the law as written by Congress."

it may not be a popular decision, (depending on who you ask, lol :D ), but no law was broken...

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Could this be a sig line.? "Ramthatweinerintomyass" - Donzi :lmao1: Don't worry I' m not into sig lines :)hand

Ram might use it.... how ironic!! hil:)

When he was playing around with screen names in another thread that's what I chaged his to......don't get to close, he might drop the soap for you or offer you a tossed salad.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
The sumbitch was in Texas for God's sake. He is lucky he didn't catch a .357 in the forehead before the police got him.
Bet there are a shitload of Mexicans that learned, don't murder in Texas. They serve up a different kind of justice there. The kind where you have to actually pay for your crime.

You looking for some of the sissy ass liberal justice, do you heinous crimes in Florida.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 115 Posts