Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we got together with Ken Dollar and proposed a 7.70 class. This would be composed of Jets (gay), Hydros (seriously gay) and Flats :)devil. We told him we would find out what kind of boat count he could expect if they opened up this class. Basically we just lowered the index on the 8.0 PE class. We explained to him that there is a big number of boats that won't run Lucas National races because 8.0 is too much to throttle back. Lucas is gonna be lenient and not jump our asses if we sneak in below 7.70 but, they know what they are looking at when someone rips of a 7.40. I figure there will be a few PE's that jump ship to the 7.70 class. It would be great to start off with a large class if this happens. So please if you will post up if you are interested and would you run the class.
I think a good name for the class would be Super Pro Eliminator.:partyguy:

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
We are in for next year. No pop off now. I bet Info. jr will do it.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
So we got together with Ken Dollar and proposed a 7.70 class. This would be composed of Jets (gay), Hydros (seriously gay) and Flats :)devil. We told him we would find out what kind of boat count he could expect if they opened up this class. Basically we just lowered the index on the 8.0 PE class. We explained to him that there is a big number of boats that won't run Lucas National races because 8.0 is too much to throttle back. Lucas is gonna be lenient and not jump our asses if we sneak in below 7.70 but, they know what they are looking at when someone rips of a 7.40. I figure there will be a few PE's that jump ship to the 7.70 class. It would be great to start off with a large class if this happens. So please if you will post up if you are interested and would you run the class.
I think a good name for the class would be Super Pro Eliminator.:partyguy:
Is this for one race or the rest of the season?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I think a good name for the class would be Super Pro Eliminator.:partyguy:[/QUO

Hydros gay ? Tell brakksma when you see him , jets gay ? No..is your boat a Rainbow ?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I am not sure if I can run the number but count me in.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this for one race or the rest of the season?
Jordan,
This would be for all next year. I think they would honor it or start it at the San Diego race and Phoenix this year if we had enough boats. Obviously there would not be a championship this year. It would be a great way to show them it will be a good class next year.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not sure if I can run the number but count me in.
Yeah OK Mr Chest puff guy! We all know your turd is fast. Seriously, try to get a count for you Jet donkeys.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Jordan,
This would be for all next year. I think they would honor it or start it at the San Diego race and Phoenix this year if we had enough boats. Obviously there would not be a championship this year. It would be a great way to show them it will be a good class next year.
Thanks for the info Tony. Sounds like it would be fun.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
maybe it's just me, but why have just another pe class that's only a few tenths quicker? there isn't an 8 second boat in the country that can't run 7.70. there's 40 of 'em at sitc every year. wouldn't look or feel any different than pe. if ya wanna change every class to .70, like 7.70, 8.70, 9.70, 10.70, fine. but just another pe deal is :sleeping:

why not do something creative and a little different, like a 5.60 1000' bracket. that would rock, and let the jetboys stretch their legs a little. flatboatguru seems to want to keep creating classes that make the jets slow down, so the flats can try to keep up. :happy:

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
wouldn't look or feel any different than pe.
7.70 feels way different than 8.0 Bob. 8.0s is boring 7.70 gets your attention, more so than going from 10s to 9s even though its only .3..hard to explain.

Not gonna disagree or agree with anything else your saying other than 7.70 is different than 8.70 and 9.70 cuz its the border of capsule requirement ET, has been for a long time. 7.70 class would be all the fastest legal open boats running together at the quickest possible ET that Lucas allows without capsules. Kinda cool idea, hate to see it hurt PE. I do know there are some guys not going to Phoenix to slow down for PE this year that would normally go.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Id rather run a 7.50 bracket.
7.70 is better than nothing.
Going frOm 8.0 to 7.0 is a momumental jump that few
Will ever do in an open boat.
7.50 is a good compromise and still really quick.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
7.70 feels way different than 8.0 Bob. 8.0s is boring 7.70 gets your attention, more so than going from 10s to 9s even though its only .3..hard to explain.

Not gonna disagree or agree with anything else your saying other than 7.70 is different than 8.70 and 9.70 cuz its the border of capsule requirement ET, has been for a long time. 7.70 class would be all the fastest legal open boats running together at the quickest possible ET that Lucas allows without capsules. Kinda cool idea, hate to see it hurt PE. I do know there are some guys not going to Phoenix to slow down for PE this year that would normally go.
not disagreeing with what your saying chris. but from a "show" point of view, there is very little difference, it will only be confusing to the spectators and it'll go by the wayside. of course it will split pe. the purses aren't all that great to begin with, so what do they do but split up the entire sportsman purse so it's less for all classes?

the whole 7.70 thing just sucks for fast boats. i say go to 1000' and open it up. it'll take 'em a few years to come up with any kind of open boat et "limit", and there will probably be more rational thought put into what that limit should be. 5.60 may be a little too quick for some, but it would create some wide open heads up racing in a bracket format. and it would be a definate seperation from pe, to the next level of performance. 'course there's only one flat in the world that could keep up, but they'll just have to put some more work in.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts