Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body use there regulator and by pass system he sells,i need water preshure to the motor and a seperate 1 for the intercooler,it looks like you can by that stuff at home depot

·
Registered
557 Posts
yes, I use it and it works great. I've also raced alongside "Ol Purple" his blown/intercooled cheyenne. It has the exact setup you need, and it works flawless.

Give Duane a call, and don't put home-depot stuff on there!!!!
How much have you got in your engine?

Ken

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Had all that on my Eliminator with a blown 540, it worked great.

Yes call Duane do not go to Home Depot, there is allot of research behind what he is selling and reasons for why it works so well.

·
Registered
738 Posts
yes yes hi-tech has years of play'n with this stuff:)bulb
screw home depot unless you want to do some sink plumb'n:)sphss

Duane will answer any ??'s and more info if need'd super cool guy :cool:

never had any problems with him .................100% great place for jet boat products :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yup, I've got it and it works great :D Duane and everyone else at Hi-Tech has always been friendly and helpful to me

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Id run Ace Hardware Jet Boat performance parts before Id do Homie Depot.

Duane is the man. All his stuff is insane! Well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
not saying duane is not a nice guy or some of the shit he builds for jets is not top notch but we are talking about a water pressure bypass valve. I see the same thing on 3-4 other sites and looks exactly like the same thing i can get from mcmaster carr or a half dozen other web sites. What makes this special pressure valve better than the ones from any other site?

Looking at duanes it looks just like all the other cast brass pieces i have seen. If it was a milled peice then sure but im not drinking the cool-aid on this one. Now if you just want to support a small buisness and want to spend the coin then thats awesome but im not sold that this piece of brass is any more special than one i can find at my local places or online. Sorry.

So if im wrong tell me exactly why... we are talking about relatively very low pressures so please tell me..

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
not saying duane is not a nice guy or some of the shit he builds for jets is not top notch but we are talking about a water pressure bypass valve. I see the same thing on 3-4 other sites and looks exactly like the same thing i can get from mcmaster carr or a half dozen other web sites. What makes this special pressure valve better than the ones from any other site?

Looking at duanes it looks just like all the other cast brass pieces i have seen. If it was a milled peice then sure but im not drinking the cool-aid on this one. Now if you just want to support a small buisness and want to spend the coin then thats awesome but im not sold that this piece of brass is any more special than one i can find at my local places or online. Sorry.

So if im wrong tell me exactly why... we are talking about relatively very low pressures so please tell me..
I am not disagreeing but I have gone the " I could build that...Easy" route before and somehow something usually goes sideways and ends up costing more in the long run than if I would have just got the right part that was built for my application. After spending the kind of money on a blown intercooled motor to have the pressure relief that you made from home depot parts blow out the intercooler and hydraulic the motor is just not worth the headache.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I am not disagreeing but I have gone the " I could build that...Easy" route before and somehow something usually goes sideways and ends up costing more in the long run than if I would have just got the right part that was built for my application. After spending the kind of money on a blown intercooled motor to have the pressure relief that you made from home depot parts blow out the intercooler and hydraulic the motor is just not worth the headache.
So is the cast brass valve that duane and others are selling technicly better than the one i can get online at other stores for a fraction of the cost?

If spending some extra dough on something that works exactly how you need it vs compromising for something not as perfect but cost less i get it but i would love to hear the specs on his valve ( or any one elses for that matter) that makes it so awesome that i would spend 2-3x's what i could do in assembling myself. BTW home depot does not carry that valve at any price... Wish it had but does not. I had to special order one online.

And please dont take this as bashing anyone on this site. Duane and others like him have experience well beyond anything i will ever have and im sure have forgotten more about boats, jets and engines than i will ever hope to know. But when it comes to a valve they bought (they did not manufacture that valve) then i dont get it. If they did manufacture it then sorry and I'll shut up.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
So is the cast brass valve that duane and others are selling technicly better than the one i can get online at other stores for a fraction of the cost?

If spending some extra dough on something that works exactly how you need it vs compromising for something not as perfect but cost less i get it but i would love to hear the specs on his valve ( or any one elses for that matter) that makes it so awesome that i would spend 2-3x's what i could do in assembling myself. BTW home depot does not carry that valve at any price... Wish it had but does not. I had to special order one online.

And please dont take this as bashing anyone on this site. Duane and others like him have experience well beyond anything i will ever have and im sure have forgotten more about boats, jets and engines than i will ever hope to know. But when it comes to a valve they bought (they did not manufacture that valve) then i dont get it. If they did manufacture it then sorry and I'll shut up.

All your answers are only 1 call away. 417-858-8616

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will have to agree with delemorte the same valve that youcould pay 150 for ive seen it on line 4 under ten bucks 4 evey thing,i allso have my by-pass valve that was screewed in to my intercooler that i just pulled of and riged up a preshure gauge to the end of it ,wich is adjustable from o to 20# that i forgot i had wich will work ,duan sets his to open at 13 i think he said,,,,, but i dont now if i trust a by-pass valve if it goes out wich they do fail and my exit line is behind the boatso id never see it if it did fail,i was thinking of a gat valve for my motor and 1 for the intercooler with gauges after the exit point ,set it at what i want and there you go,got gauges to look at so often,gate valves never fail what do u guys think

·
Registered
550 Posts
I cant say how the Hi-Tech part compares to any other valve. I went with his primarily because I knew it would work they way it is supposed to in the jetboat application. If you know the specs I dont see why any other bypass valve wouldnt work the same way...

·
Renegade jet
472 Posts
It is the same valve you can buy online, you just have to buy the fittings and guage to make it all work and adjust it to your desired pressure.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Talk to Duane. Tell him your concerns and he will give you an honest answer!!!!!

But i have no concerns? I have no concerns his works i have no concerns mine works.

Besides, If i were to sell such an item and got a call as to why i sold it any price point i chose i would tell them to go ahead and make one their self if they didnt like my price. This is what i offer and the price im willing to sell it at. Its capatilism and i love it. I would expect duane or any other retailer to tell me the exact same thing. SO im not gonna waste their time on something that wont net them any gain. I just dont think this particular valve is any more special than the one's i found or any other one. As long as its rated for the PSI i need and of a material that will hold up then thats all that matters.

I just find comments like this curious "there is allot of research behind what he is selling and reasons for why it works so well. " As far as his snoots and impellers and loaders and what ever else that mad scientist has cookin up im sure trial and error and alot of thinking has gone into those parts and they work as good or better than any one elses. And if the question had been "Hey im looking to buy some jet parts from HTP" then i dont think you could find one person on here that would say not to do it. But we arent talking about engine parts or pump parts we are talking about a low pressure water bypass valve.

I say just put one together. Mine may not be as pretty as ones that i could buy from some retailer but it works great... Keeps my pressure at 15 PSI at WOT and i only spent 60 bucks total.

If any one has any scientific proof the brass used by HTP OR JBP or any other retailer out there is better than the brass i got from Mcmaster Carr then please inform me cause i dont want to end up sinking but I dont think that is the case.

BTW i looked dang hard for the valve i got at MC so you could see it but dang if i can find it.:)sphss

1 - 16 of 16 Posts