Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
16,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a pic recently of someone's setup.

Can someone post it please. I can improvise but would really like to see one that works.

·
Administrator
16,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thanks.

That location is under the transom plate :|err It's outside the boat but under the plate.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Yes thanks.

That location is under the transom plate :|err It's outside the boat but under the plate.
you can move back a tad to clear if ya got the room

·
Administrator
16,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can move back a tad to clear if ya got the room
Yea the fwd third of the clean out hand hold is even with the transom.

We just have to pull the transom cover to drill and tap. I thought about doing it before we reassembled, but if I had there would have only been one tapped port. And in the wrong spot.

So did you find out if we can try the impeller before we buy it? Or how much he wants for it?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Yea the fwd third of the clean out hand hold is even with the transom.

We just have to pull the transom cover to drill and tap. I thought about doing it before we reassembled, but if I had there would have only been one tapped port. And in the wrong spot.

So did you find out if we can try the impeller before we buy it? Or how much he wants for it?
250 for the impellor, he wants to just sell it outright to pay me back for the aeromotive pump i bought him this mornin:)sphss if you're currently runnin a b-cut, this mpd impellor will feel and bite like a small a-cut or ab. he turned it 7800 with about 1400hp(blown 540 with a 250hp shot):)sphss

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I was also told by someone in the biz. that the fittings need to have a small keen hole! For good accurate readings. Fill the fittings with JB weld or bondo and drill a 1/64" or a 1/32" hole through the filler! This is because the fitting might not be stright with the water flow through the housing and may act as an evac causing it to suck on the fitting port! Thus not accurate reading! FWIW! WT:)devil

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
when i tapped mine i used 1/8npt fittings, with well water pressure gauges and clear line,run them over the back of the boat and set them in the seat with me.lol!!!run down the lake and recorded pressures at different rpms and speeds.found my problems and then resolved them.worked great.travis:D

obtw thats hillbilly style maybe to crud for others:)sphss

·
Registered
623 Posts
when i tapped mine i used 1/8npt fittings, with well water pressure gauges and clear line,run them over the back of the boat and set them in the seat with me.lol!!!run down the lake and recorded pressures at different rpms and speeds.found my problems and then resolved them.worked great.travis:D

obtw thats hillbilly style maybe to crud for others:)sphss
It might be hillbilly style and crude, but thats what I'm doing too. :)Unsure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts