Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Want to thank Don (Hullshot) for a nice job on a complete motor refresh and adding the Whipple to the old 240 Hallett.

The old girl still looks pretty good. I'm talking about the boat guys ;)
She runs like a dream with the EFI. A nice low idle for smooth shifting and good power throughout.

We made it out to Rusty Porthole for a bloody. The place has gone to the dogs. There were a couple of them right up at the bar.
Didn't know that place was so dog friendly. One guy offered to buy them a shot.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
good to see your grocery getter back on the water:))THumbsUp nice job on the set up hullshot:))THumbsUp...1 240 down 1 more to go:yes::)hand

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,968 Posts

Want to thank Don (Hullshot) for a nice job on a complete motor refresh and adding the Whipple to the old 240 Hallett.

The old girl still looks pretty good. I'm talking about the boat guys ;)
She runs like a dream with the EFI. A nice low idle for smooth shifting and good power throughout.

We made it out to Rusty Porthole for a bloody. The place has gone to the dogs. There were a couple of them right up at the bar.
Didn't know that place was so dog friendly. One guy offered to buy them a shot.

60499_601727546504359_1216075649_n.jpg :)hand

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yup Don is the best, he does all my stuff and I never have a issue...which is rare these days...GO DON !!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How well does it run ? What are the details on the motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an HP 500 bottom end and cam with fresh Merlin heads. Machine work & short block was done at Gross Racing. Valve train is all new roller stuff. My objective for this was to stay conservative with good manors and reliability. We're thinking its around 625 to 650 HP.
The numbers so far are in short bursts are 5,000rpm with 26p bravo at 75mph.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
It's an HP 500 bottom end and cam with fresh Merlin heads. Machine work & short block was done at Gross Racing. Valve train is all new roller stuff. My objective for this was to stay conservative with good manors and reliability. We're thinking its around 625 to 650 HP.
Sounds like a great set-up. Hope you guys have a great Turkey Day.

·
Registered
50 Posts

sounds like a great set up! Love the fact that you were able to keep everything under the factory hatch! My dad has a Hallett 240 with a blown 540. Always been a fan of the Hallett line. :))THumbsUp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts