Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what the BLM is thinking!!! The water is all the way up to the wall in the channel, which means limited spaces to hang, and alot of beach areas around the lake will be not "beachable" either!! So then you add in the closure of the sandbar and Copper Canyon for the holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a safe weekend!!:)hand

Oh, by the way, BIG one year anniversary party at Two Guys Pasta and Pizza Saturday night!! Blocking off the parking lot, live band etc. Starts at 8PM.:)grn

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
I would think they saying "Mission Accomplished"

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Can you even imagine the bitching that would be going on if that rent a ring deal passed and people were paying $300 bucks for those (under water) prime spots.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Not sure what the BLM is thinking!!! The water is all the way up to the wall in the channel, which means limited spaces to hang, and alot of beach areas around the lake will be not "beachable" either!! So then you add in the closure of the sandbar and Copper Canyon for the holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a safe weekend!!:)hand

Oh, by the way, BIG one year anniversary party at Two Guys Pasta and Pizza Saturday night!! Blocking off the parking lot, live band etc. Starts at 8PM.:)grn
Larry, sandbar is closed, but I don't believe that Copper Canyon is.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
They usually do both, could be wrong!! See ya at Two Guys Saturday night!!:)hand
I've actually never seen them close Copper Canyon. They put a safety lane down the middle (buoys), but that's it.

Definitely see you Saturday night, should be a good party.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I find it hard to believe water management decisions take into consideration the ease of boaters moorings and beach access. I think AG, run off, demand and maintenance has a little more to do with it. But I’m just guessing too. :D

What's BLM got to do with it?
Bureau of Lake Management :)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
It seems like Havasu doesn't want performance boats there. They want "family" boats, Chaparrals, Bayliners, Pontoons and the such. If it's not a noise ticket, it's something else. If your exhaust doesn't go through the prop, were watching you.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
The trouble here at Havasu is that there are so many different agencies with jurisdiction on the lake, and they all aren't on the same page.

Lake Havasu City is just one of the players, but generally speaking they only patrol the channel and Thompson Bay.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
The trouble here at Havasu is that there are so many different agencies with jurisdiction on the lake, and they all aren't on the same page.

Lake Havasu City is just one of the players, but generally speaking they only patrol the channel and Thompson Bay.
Same page, that's funny. Most are reading different books.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts