Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookin at some parts for a crower injection unit I have and these distrubators are part of the package deal. Has anybody ever seen them and what do they do. All I know is I dont nee them to run my crower setup. Any info on these? I think they are for can am?

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am lookin at some parts for a crower injection unit I have and these distrubators are part of the package deal. Has anybody ever seen them and what do they do. All I know is I dont nee them to run my crower setup. Any info on these? I think they are for can am?
WOW It look's like you have a distributor - tack drive - fuel pump -barrell valve and fuel line's --all in one package --impressive , lol ,, not only that you have 3 of them :)devil, lol , I dont know where they were used but quite a set up..............Eric :)hand

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW It look's like you have a distributor - tack drive - fuel pump -barrell valve and fuel line's --all in one package --impressive , lol ,, not only that you have 3 of them :)devil, lol , I dont know where they were used but quite a set up..............Eric :)hand
I found out what they are they are a Lucas injection metering setup. Just found it on the Kinsler site. What the site says that it was used in can am alot. It meters the fuel to each cylinder through the dizzy and the metering device. I just found the picks on the web. Just wondering if anyone has ran one?
I was looking for some crower injection tubes and the old boy says 500.00 for the package deal. It has two of the dizzys like in the picks a crower base only and about 3 sets of injector tubes. Just the tubes.
Has anybody ran this setup before?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Just after WWII mechanical fuel injection was timed. All coming from Europe.

Mr. Hilborn asked the question why with valves opening 25 times a second @ 6000 rpm & constant flow mechanical fuel injection was born.

The rest as they say is history.

I know very little about timed mechanical fuel injection. Just enough to know it is something I would never want to mess with.

Funny though the dizzy's say Hilborn on them.........

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Morg, didnt you use to run a crower setup on your old boat? Did you like it?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Hey Morg, didnt you use to run a crower setup on your old boat? Did you like it?
Yes I did.

The crowers were my first adventure in fuel injection. They taught me so much. Great throttle response & easy to tune.

I ran alky. I am afraid of gas, it stinks & is harder to tune.

I still have them. Sure I will use them again some day...........

·
Village Idiot
3,506 Posts
I found out what they are they are a Lucas injection metering setup. Just found it on the Kinsler site. What the site says that it was used in can am alot. It meters the fuel to each cylinder through the dizzy and the metering device. I just found the picks on the web. Just wondering if anyone has ran one?
I was looking for some crower injection tubes and the old boy says 500.00 for the package deal. It has two of the dizzys like in the picks a crower base only and about 3 sets of injector tubes. Just the tubes.
Has anybody ran this setup before?
You may want to contact Kinsler and see what they might give you for those units. I know they are BIG bucks to get through Kinsler, and that is for refurbished units.

Paul

·
Registered
633 Posts
You may want to contact Kinsler and see what they might give you for those units. I know they are BIG bucks to get through Kinsler, and that is for refurbished units.

Paul
X2 to what paul is saying,, you might have some good trading material to get the rest of what you need to run your other unit,, good find,, Eric

·
Registered
292 Posts
Exactamento, you have the Lucas Dist. Those were used on the Can Am's. Kinsler gets a lot for them but that doesn't mean they will give you a lot for them. :)bulb

T

·
0 Posts
those look like the Old "Tecalimite" injection fuel and ignition distributors, those were a timed injection and proved to be pretty good if you could figure them out and get the fuel curve the way you wanted it....

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These people are NUT'S ,, you can get that type of system for $1000-$2000 all over the place ,, they seem to work good:),,, check the shaft's and linkage for play,, they can be a nightmare if it is loose,,,( trust me ) ,,, ...........Eric:)hand
Yea but the one on ebay is the Lucas injection system, same setup I am trying to get info on.Plan on buying another one to turn. Not going to run it though, just sell it. I have a crower setup for my Hondo project already.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey pro i saw a injection set up in houston craigslist for 1000.00 .
Yea they had a Hilborn seup with a set of aluminum heads that were bare. That was cheap, and it was brand new. Have you seen it again on there?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts