Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 427 medium riser ford with duel 1850 carbs. I have the light springs and neither vac secondary is opening. Does this mean that both diaphrams are bad, or will that equalizer tube between the carbs keep one from opening if the other is bad. I just find it hard to believe that both quit working at the same time. Thanks, Richy.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
just pull em' off, push the rod into the housing, hold your finger on the hole with the
little red gasket, and if the rod stays till ya let off, its good- like ya didn't know that
already:)sphss:D

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I have a 427 medium riser ford with duel 1850 carbs. I have the light springs and neither vac secondary is opening. Does this mean that both diaphrams are bad, or will that equalizer tube between the carbs keep one from opening if the other is bad. I just find it hard to believe that both quit working at the same time. Thanks, Richy.
What color spring do you have in the secondary diaphram?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its been several years since I installed the springs, so I can't remember the color. I think I bought 2 packs of springs and used the lightest spring in each carb. Thanks for the reply's, I will try your suggestions and find out where the problem is. Richy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts