Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can buy just the center squirters. working on a set ant one has the stock .25 and the other carb has a .50 in it.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Let me geuss! You are trying to eliminate a lean bog on the hit??? First off I would open both primary and secondary carb squirters to .060 shooter then start to play with the 1 to 1 issue with that carb style. The L 6224 center squirter carb is way underestimated and will work GREAT in a jet boat ( or any other drive boat ) when tuned properly. A set of small drills at home depo will open the shooters at a cheap price, THEN you can start on the progressive part of the throttle linkage. these carbs will work GREAT if you just take the time to tune them properly. NOT real feul effiecent, but worth the time and tuning lesson. I have a pair on my current boat and would rather play with them (as I already have ) then drop a few bucks on a qwick fix out of the box pair of carbs. MY OPINION ONLY Mark

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me geuss! You are trying to eliminate a lean bog on the hit??? First off I would open both primary and secondary carb squirters to .060 shooter then start to play with the 1 to 1 issue with that carb style. The L 6224 center squirter carb is way underestimated and will work GREAT in a jet boat ( or any other drive boat ) when tuned properly. A set of small drills at home depo will open the shooters at a cheap price, THEN you can start on the progressive part of the throttle linkage. these carbs will work GREAT if you just take the time to tune them properly. NOT real feul effiecent, but worth the time and tuning lesson. I have a pair on my current boat and would rather play with them (as I already have ) then drop a few bucks on a qwick fix out of the box pair of carbs. MY OPINION ONLY Mark
wow nicely done you nailed it yeah i felt bad i convinced a buddy to run a tunnel ram with some 660's and you nailed it.im surprised they dont just sell other center squirters than a .25 and a .50. i made his linkage more progressive like mine but you called it

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny my 660's on my boat don't do it and bearly made the linkage more progressive. But my buddies has this hick up I figured since he bought them used and had two different size center squirters could be the the culprit

sent from my f******g droid using rdp

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
On a side note! A drilled squirter or jet will not flow the same as a factory piece. It has to do with venturi,drill and so on! Tests have shown that a drilled jet will not flow the same as a "factory" piece! So if it were me I would go a tad bigger when drilling. A 660 will take all the feul "on the hit " you can toss out. Which all depends on the plenumn area. TEST AND TUNE!!!!IMLAO M

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no drilling of the jets have many holley jet kits laying around but to fond a .1 to .60 and a .015 to a .030 drill kit was a pain had to call three different local machinist tool shops just to find the drill bits and they werent that cheap

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
What happend here?

Theres a post missing.

I could have sowrn one of GN's reply's was "He didnt Nail S*it, all the 660's are screwed up" or somethign to that nature.

Maybe I just picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
What happend here?

Theres a post missing.

I could have sowrn one of GN's reply's was "He didnt Nail S*it, all the 660's are screwed up" or somethign to that nature.

Maybe I just picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.
Here, just so nobody misunderstands where I am coming from:
HOLLEY 660S ARE STONE AGE POS THAT BELONG IN THE SAME HEAP PILE AS STROMBERG 97S and all the so called fixes and band aids have been known to mankind since the second day Holley released the POS. There are no secrets when it comes to patching and band aiding a 660. And most band aids on most motors are exceptable at best. Any decent 4777 650 cfm double pumper will drive better and accelerate better, and get better milage than you could ever hope to pull from a 660. There, is that more like what you were expecting me to post?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Here, just so nobody misunderstands where I am coming from:
HOLLEY 660S ARE STONE AGE POS THAT BELONG IN THE SAME HEAP PILE AS STROMBERG 97S and all the so called fixes and band aids have been known to mankind since the second day Holley released the POS. There are no secrets when it comes to patching and band aiding a 660. And most band aids on most motors are exceptable at best. Any decent 4777 650 cfm double pumper will drive better and accelerate better, and get better milage than you could ever hope to pull from a 660. There, is that more like what you were expecting me to post?
I knew where you were coming from I believe you always hated 660's. I just perfer to see it typed out. You always speak your mind. I just thought maybe Admin3 came around and was nit picking.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
That is more of a problem on a jet than a shooter Ol guy. The size of the shooter only determines how fast the fuel enters the air stream. Not the amount of fuel delievered. The shooter hole diameter just isn't as critical as a jet. I wouldn't drill jets if they were free for the drilling.
I could pick that statement to pieces as it is incorrect. Most people know that you don't drill a jet and recieve the same flow as a facory holley piece. In a pinch many have done so and probably wont admit it, but what else do you do trackside when the perfect size isnt available for a fatter or leaner test. It was a general overall statement and by now I should know to right a book on every response to cover my butt for those who feel challenged and have the need to correct. M

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Ol guy, go ahead a tear apart what I wrote. I would like to see it. Did you read what I posted? Or did you just start typing in a rage?
Ease up there killer! I don't waste my time getting in a rage over this stuff. But as per your'e request--The accel-pump cam decides the "shooter timing" the orofice decides the volume. That is all! M

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Your both correct. GN7 is trying to say that there is only so much fuel available to exit the nozzle. The nozzle diameter determines how long it takes to "push" that volume into the venturi. Smaller nozzle = higher nozzle pressure, less initial volume and longer shot. Larger nozzle = lower pressure, more initial volume and shorter shot. Overall same basic volume.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Ease up there killer! I don't waste my time getting in a rage over this stuff. But as per your'e request--The accel-pump cam decides the "shooter timing" the orofice decides the volume. That is all! M
Wrong. The nozzle size has nothing to do with the volume of fuel delievered. The volume is 10% determined by the pump itself. The the diaphram and pump body size, and in in some off the wall setups, the cam. But the nozzle sizze has zero to do with the volume of fuel delievered. the nozzle ONLY determines how long or short it will take to deliever said fuel shot.

Your both correct. GN7 is trying to say that there is only so much fuel available to exit the nozzle. The nozzle diameter determines how long it takes to "push" that volume into the venturi. Smaller nozzle = higher nozzle pressure, less initial volume and longer shot. Larger nozzle = lower pressure, more initial volume and shorter shot. Overall same basic volume.
Its not what I was trying to say, its what I did say. But thank you for clearing that up Brian. seems if I said the sky was blue. Ol guy would tell me not at night.
That is more of a problem on a jet than a shooter Ol guy. The size of the shooter only determines how fast the fuel enters the air stream. Not the amount of fuel delievered. The shooter hole diameter just isn't as critical as a jet. I wouldn't drill jets if they were free for the drilling.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 33 Posts