Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have used your old Holley fuel pump and converted it to drain the oil out of your pan through the dip stick tube? If you have does it work well or not at all..thanks..

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
It wasn't a holley pump but I have used an old chevy electric pump and it seems to work a little faster than just gravity flow from the drain plus with a tube on it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I use an old oil pump and a drill. Drill and tp for fitting and connect a hose on either end. Takes about 1 minute and the pan is empty:)devil

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Kind of a "novel idea" although that type pump doesnt care for any particles , We use a Vacuum "pot" with a dip stick catheter very clean and efficiant :)coffee

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I rigged a cordless drill with a inline hose pump that connects to the drain hose! Works real good for about 25 bucks! WT:)devil

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rigged a cordless drill with a inline hose pump that connects to the drain hose! Works real good for about 25 bucks! WT:)devil
What type of an inline hose pump is it..where did you get it at..sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
What type of an inline hose pump is it..where did you get it at..sounds interesting.
Hardware store I think you can get them at NAPA too! It uses water hose ends and I rigged it to attach to an AN fitting on my pan hose I will get you a pic. tomorrow! You can also use a cord type drill for more speed! WT:)devil

·
Registered
4,045 Posts

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1,011 Posts
I use an old Holley red, but don't use the dipstick tube. I use an oil pan drain hose. It is faster than just letting it drain by gravity, but fuel pumps pump fuel better/faster than oil.
Did you take the screen filter out of the pump? I used one to pump water thru the engine in the pits. Moved more water without the screen. When pumping water, I had to run WD40 thru it at the end of the weekend or it would seize up by the next weekend. Then it was a tear down to free it up again.
Tim

·
Registered
981 Posts
I choose the old fashioned way of draining the oil.....Run it until I put a rod through the side of the block:D:D:D

J/K. I use a cheapy pump that attaches to a drill, draw it out from the drain plug via a fitting I put on the drain.:)devil Takes about 1 minute to drain it

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Here are the pics. of my setup!
WT:)devil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts