Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of the boosters are loose on my 6109 bodies.
(I can move them slightly by hand)
Is there an easy fix or do they need re-installed?

Any one around Sac or Chico etc. on here that can do it?
Are most carb shops set up to do it??

Thanks!!
(I have those $90.00 red billet plates ordered and a bunch of re-build stuff on order from the joint in NY.:)devil:)devil:)hand:)hand)

·
Registered
142 Posts
There are tools available that can fix that. I looked at the pictures of one on line and made one. I am not sure how many shops have the tool. You might get lucky asking around in your area.

Gary :)

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are tools available that can fix that. I looked at the pictures of one on line and made one. I am not sure how many shops have the tool. You might get lucky asking around in your area.

Gary :)
Thanks Gary!
I looked at the tools, but since these are probably the only carbs I'll ever really get into this deep, I really can't justify buying the tool. (making one is out of the question for me!:mad:)

Maybe some one on here in Nor-Cal will help me out.
If not I'll be back home in a couple weeks and will ask the local shops.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
If they aren't too loose, like ready to fall out loose try a little red Lock-Tite. I've done several with good results. When you add a drop of L/T wiggle the booster just a little bit to work it in and let it set up. I have also used a small hammer and a center punch to slightly peen the flange over.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they aren't too loose, like ready to fall out loose try a little red Lock-Tite. I've done several with good results. When you add a drop of L/T wiggle the booster just a little bit to work it in and let it set up. I have also used a small hammer and a center punch to slightly peen the flange over.
Thats kind of what I was thinking. You can just barely wiggle them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts