Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I replace the carb base plates on my Holley 4781-2 carbs to get the newer style linkage on them or are the bodies of newer/older 4781 carbs different also? The pics are the style that I have and want to change. Thanks

Attachments

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Can I replace the carb base plates on my Holley 4781-2 carbs to get the newer style linkage on them or are the bodies of newer/older 4781 carbs different also? The pics are the style that I have and want to change. Thanks
AFAIK...you can. I'm almost certain, but not 100% sure. If you can get both in your hands, just make sure they're exactly the same. I don't think the boss on the side of the throttle body will interfear with the new linkage, but if so, that's what a die grinder is for.
:D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
u can chng the base plates...but...they are "pricey"...ur either better off makeing the 1's u have work or buying new/used carbs...i seen 850's on EBay for $199.00

FastRat

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
if ur absolutely stuck on those 850's...here ya go...CNC-Motorsports, Brookings, S.D....1-800-341-1528...new factory stock replacement 850cfm DP base plate...AED-6470 Base Plate Assy...can be seen on EBay Motors...item# 320284575195...cost: $107.70 ea...best buy i could find...bolt them on & go :)

FastRat

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I really had no idea on cost. I didn't think I should consider cost before I knew if it could be done. I paid about $150 for each carb and another $50 for the good gaskets, acc. pumps, etc... maybe I can get creative and create my own newer style of linkage. Either way I've got other engine issue's to deal with first. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts