Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone
1,833 Posts
Yeah all specs I come up with say the same thing.
We always wound up with 71's pri with power valve and 80's in secondary with no power
valve. Guess that is what I was thinking.
Some guys did 80's square with blocked power valves.

Only the front had a power valve stock.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And an 8.5 power valve? is there really that much vacuum with dual carbs? Wow! I would never have guessed that high.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope...Not even close IMHO.....;)

GT :)hand
Thats what I was thinking too. Maybe thats why the plugs look black? Motor seems to idle good, but it is new to me, so I think I may try a lower number pv and just see what happens. Course I dont even know whats in them now, I'll find out in the morning. Still seems weird that the primarys and secondarys are so close to the same with a power valve installed.... But sure enough, the Holley web site says 75 and 76

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah all specs I come up with say the same thing.
We always wound up with 71's pri with power valve and 80's in secondary with no power
valve. Guess that is what I was thinking.
Some guys did 80's square with blocked power valves.

Only the front had a power valve stock.
I'll bet I end up with a setup like you are discribing by the time I'm done messing around with it-70 or so in the primarys, and maybe 76-78 in the secondarys. This is a fairly mild motor. Just seems more logical to me to have all four holes flow the same at WOT.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Thats what I was thinking too. Maybe thats why the plugs look black? Motor seems to idle good, but it is new to me, so I think I may try a lower number pv and just see what happens. Course I dont even know whats in them now, I'll find out in the morning. Still seems weird that the primarys and secondarys are so close to the same with a power valve installed.... But sure enough, the Holley web site says 75 and 76
Depends on which metering block is used too, there are many different blocks and the size of the PV ports vary. My guess would be a very small "Power port". :)bulb

In a dual toilet app. :D I would go for a 4.5 or so PV to start with. (closed longer).:)devil

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depends on which metering block is used too, there are many different blocks and the size of the PV ports vary. My guess would be a very small "Power port". :)bulb

In a dual toilet app. :D I would go for a 4.5 or so PV to start with. (closed longer).:)devil

Yeah, I guess changing two things at once wouldn't be to smart. I'll mess with the power valves before making any jet changes:)bulb

·
Registered
598 Posts
i`m running two 6109`s on a 468 with a lunati roller pn 50231 since 1990. after several plug readings i ended up running 76 jets on all corners with 6.5 power valves. motor turns 5850 @ wot in a TX19, b impeller. i had forgotten what jets it came with but i`m presently looking in the holley book and it says 75 front, 76 rear with 8.5 valves. primary discharge nozzle size is .025 and secondary is .032 .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts