Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AIR POWER
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound stupid but I dont know. Someone told me that a holleydp can only go on the intake one way with the secondarys toward the back of the engine is this true???

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
This may sound stupid but I dont know. Someone told me that a holleydp can only go on the intake one way with the secondarys toward the back of the engine is this true???

I dont see why it would not work but i dont know. I will say the bolt holes will line up so you could secure it.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Have even seen them mounted backwards on some engines, they will run fine. For very hard accelleration, you may encounter some issues, and need to change to a different style float for sideways carbs, or jet extensions for the secondaries of the inline carbs.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
The carb can be mounted any direction you would like, just adjust float levels accordingly. Heck you can mount them diagonal if you have an old edelbrock manifold single plane manifold.
I have this one just for a nostalgia motor I'll build some day.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Run them every which way but upside down , have run them backwards However as suggested above on hard accell the fuel in the "rear" (front bowl) will tend to run away from the jets with out mods Tom

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
ok ill whore another holley thread. this weekend im doing a rebuild kit on my 600. i believe the previous owner used some spray chrome on it. after the solvent gets rid of the paint, is there a way to keep the carb lookin good?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts