Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Olds Powered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get a feel for how many boats will be coming. Last year everyone met up over at the Columbiville side and everyone brought food to pass for all. Is this still a good plan or something different?

·
Tom Wright
169 Posts
I'm debating on going. If so where will I need to go? I have to be back in Kazoo by 5 so I'll be leaving early. Thanks!!

·
Olds Powered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grill and food

No grills at either site, I can bring a small gas grill if needed. It was brought up by a fellow boater that we snack it then later order pizza from Columbiaville pizza joint as there are docks to dock to and go into town. The beach area back at Columbiaville is small and the launch is rustic, but the water is calmer( usually right Shep) and it is more secluded. The area on the large part of the lake at east end of the lake has a large beach, close the Walleye Pike modern launch and bathrooms. Remember if you go to the Walleye Pike launch it will cost I think 6.00$ for a day pass. Does not matter to me where we boat just trying to accommodate as many as we can. Give me some feed back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
LaVonne and I are planning of coming for the day to join you folks. Have not got together all summer so far. In fact only been on water once. What are the times? Where to launch? If we are a bit late where on Lake do you hang out? I am not too familiar with Holloway. What do we need to bring etc. Best route to take from hwy 69.

·
Olds Powered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Directions

To the Walleye Pike launch from I- 69 exit at m-15 Davison and go North to Stanley turn east( there will be a sign) take Stanley to Henderson turn North ( left, there is a sign) to the launch entrance. Where on the lake is to be decided and the time will be around 10am. So stay tuned.

·
Olds Powered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok meet up at the Walleye Pike boat launch off of Henderson Rd between 10 and 11. We will be going to the east end of the lake where there is a large beach area. Bring snack food and later in the day we can order food and have it delivered to the launch or pick it up over at Columbiville ( pizza). Sound good. Included a link to a map if I did it right.https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z5k6KImLpRjY.kOtNz_TdXC8Q

·
Hoodys and swim trunks
872 Posts
Sounds like a great plan Scot. We'll bring frisbee cup, some chairs, lake pops and if there's any left, a few jello shots. I can toss our EZ-up in the boat if anyone wants to sit in the shade on the beach. I like the idea of hanging out on the beach on the East side. Two years ago we were by Wallye Pike and there little beach and a whole lot of waves. Also down for pizza at the docks later. :)

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Jerry I'm a little confused? I didn't delete your post and I'm assuming you didn't want it deleted. :confused:

·
Hoodys and swim trunks
872 Posts
It's always something at the last minute. Noticed this morning I bent the trailer axle last Sunday when it dropped off a launch I used for the first time. Tried to pull the rig out and bent it on the corner of the concrete I guess. Anyway, this is what I started with after work.

Rigged it up in the 20 ton press and started pumping.

Here you can see how I over extended it to bring it back into shape. Basically needed it to plastically deform straight again.

After a few times checking with a straight edge I got to this point with the smaller straight edge.

Time to toss it back in

Ended up working out well. I'll replace it in the short future, but it'll get me there tomorrow.

See you guys in the morning!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
survived the trip to and from the beach truck pulled it out going in ,not so good great to see everyone we had a great time -lotta sun pics when Monica charges her phone .:))eek:))

1 - 17 of 17 Posts