Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys paying? In stocking up at $2.149/gl. We would really like to get locked in on that rate for another 250 gallons over the winter, especially since last year we were hitting peaks at $5, and suppliers asking customers to lock in, just in case.

·
Ex-Californian
437 Posts
DUDE are you for real ??? This site is on the west coast along with most of there members.. Heating Oil.....(Laughing):)sphss

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be surprised how many areas need to shop around for winter heat. Whether it's wood, oil, pellets or propane.

·
Steady Rollin
1,172 Posts
DUDE are you for real ??? This site is on the west coast along with most of there members.. Heating Oil.....(Laughing):)sphss

You may be onto something, When i read this thread topic I was thinking of that KY Warming lube.

Where do you put this "oil"? In some of those old timey kerosene lamps?

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
"Political Forum Topic Rules for CT Retards" now on sale on Amazon......Add to shopping cart please

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Hey, if your really concerned about the environment why dont you join the 21st century and get a 95% Propane/Natural gas furnace???

What do you figure your oil burner is good for??? 70%???

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, if your really concerned about the environment why dont you join the 21st century and get a 95% Propane/Natural gas furnace???

What do you figure your oil burner is good for??? 70%???
Where the hell did you get the impression that this has anything to do with the environment? I don't care about the efficiency of my 2 year old furnace. All I care about is keeping my family's footsies warm during the winter. I don't care if it chugs through 20 gallons an hour to do it, I just want the best price and want to talk about it.

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Where the hell did you get the impression that this has anything to do with the environment? I don't care about the efficiency of my 2 year old furnace. All I care about is keeping my family's footsies warm during the winter. I don't care if it chugs through 20 gallons an hour to do it, I just want the best price and want to talk about it.
This is RICH... Ok, so explain why you care about price BUT not efficiency... Please... Isnt there SOME sort of correlation??? hil:)

I digress, I thought that all libs were fans of Al Gore and his kookamania...

Myself, I like do to do things efficiently just because it feels right... Call me crazy... :)hand

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
THEY TRIED TO TELL ME YOU LIKE SHIT SANDWICHES,BUT,I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE THE BREAD.:D:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is RICH... Ok, so explain why you care about price BUT not efficiency... Please... Isnt there SOME sort of correlation??? hil:)

I digress, I thought that all libs were fans of Al Gore and his kookamania...

Myself, I like do to do things efficiently just because it feels right... Call me crazy... :)hand
Ok, let's go over this step by step for the enviro-wackos. 2 year old furnace. Did you see that part? Pretty friggen self explanitory, because nobody really buys inefficiency. Now, if it were a 70% jobber, how long do you think it would take to recoup the cost of 2 furnaces in 3 years, when there was nothing wrong with the first?

And to switch over...now there's a real cost savings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts