Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've had a Honda we've used about daily the past 4 years with my business. It finally lost pressure the other day, so we're going to get it worked on. We have a ton of time on this one, and I think anything Honda is hard to beat. It's been a good one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
bought a gas powered from lowes, diff nozzles for diff uses, have had it about 3yrs and love it, use it for everything, quad, trucks, toyhauler, driveway etc.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bought a gas powered from lowes, diff nozzles for diff uses, have had it about 3yrs and love it, use it for everything, quad, trucks, toyhauler, driveway etc.
Brand?

I figured the electric ones were not too great. Something about electricity and water. :)

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Karcher is a brand you generally can't go wrong with...get the gas powered one.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I have a 2500psi, it probably is the best investment I have ever made.I use it for the RV,boat,atv, and trailer. A regular garden hose with 80psi dosen't do a very good job, the less I have to scub the better.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Got mine at costco. used it for 1 yr the it started smokin bad. drained the gas and took it back. got a replacement one for free.

Costco man costco. Gas powered is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I have a Karcher brand. Electric, (much quieter) did not want to bother about maintance or fuel. Came with 2 different attachments and shoots out @ 2Kpsi. My neighbor has a gas powered Honda sprayer that shoots 3Kpsi, he says its too strong. It has peeled the paint off his truck bumper.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
My Craftsman has NEVER missed a beat in 4 solid years of abuse. It is 2300 or 2500 PSI, can't remember.
I use it for vehicles, driveways, patio and most of all the rain gutters.
With extra hose, adjustable wand and a few other trinkets it was around $375.00.
I'd buy another one in a second.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Brand?

I figured the electric ones were not too great. Something about electricity and water. :)
i think it is a troy-bilt, lowes brand, but i am sure it is made by somebody else and then they put whatever name on it, wanna say it is 3800psi, i know i can etch my name in concrete with it:D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Karcher w/ Honda motor from Costco. Comes with a bunch of different nozzle ends, but the swirling dirtblaster is my personal favorite:D.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Karcher for sure, stay away from the cheap ass Home Depot "Husky" crap..

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a karcher w/ a 3000 psi honda engine .This thing works great .My first pressure washer was 1200 psi electric it was also good but the honda will get the job done in about 1/4 of the time.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I bought the Karcher 3000 which came highly recommended but it had some pressure issues in less than a month. I took it back and, at the time they were carrying DeWalt units with the same Honda engine and it has worked perfectly for a couple years now.

From all the good I've heard about Karcher, I suspect I just got one with a small problem.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Karcher w/ Honda motor from Costco. Comes with a bunch of different nozzle ends, but the swirling dirtblaster is my personal favorite:D.
Thats what we use, and trust me we use ours everyday, I have owned Briggs & Stratons, burned through that one after a year of use, You cant beat Hondas, according to Charitycase on the boards as long as you change the oil and put PREMIUM Fuel it will last forever.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts