Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hostile88
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have experience rigging Hondo sprints? I’m getting close to rigging mine and need a starting point. It will be run as a gps 100 boat then ubf and possibly on to K class. Motor is a Bbf 800ish hp
10* degree beaverfab gear box 18% gears 7.5 degree strut. My questions are on plate length, strut height, and transom to mid plate measurement. Thanks in advance.

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
Don Dunster of High Power Marine in Brentwood/Discovery Bay ran one in GPS100 successfully, might want to reach out to him. I've crewed for Don a couple times and there's nothing really unusual about the set up on the hull beyond plate setting. Also, Sharpshooter here on the boards is really familiar with those hulls. Seems like a good hull for GPS 100. I bet you'll end up in a B-boat by the time you step up to a K/blown alky deal. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don Dunster of High Power Marine in Brentwood/Discovery Bay ran one in GPS100 successfully, might want to reach out to him. I've crewed for Don a couple times and there's nothing really unusual about the set up on the hull beyond plate setting. Also, Sharpshooter here on the boards is really familiar with those hulls. Seems like a good hull for GPS 100. I bet you'll end up in a B-boat by the time you step up to a K/blown alky deal. Good luck!!!
What is the GPS 100 class? I googled it and don't see anywhere that says what it is.

·
Upstanding Member
12,714 Posts
The guy to talk to is Al LaPoint of Security Race products. Is your boat the black and blue PC boat that Ed Trehey used to race?

Mine was originally rigged by Wayne Metler. Rick King bought it from me and changed the plates and sold it to Brock Keenan. They installed a blown alky motor in it yesterday and ran it for the first time today in Parker.

My boat was rigged with a 12 degree v-drive (leaned forward). I believe mid plate was 96 and v-drive to transom was 34 maybe 36?

Plate was a 1 piece (originally) with the usual 9" measurement from the back of the transom (if memory serves) and it had a factory installed blast plate.

Sounds like you have a great set up. These boats are fast because they have a lot of rocker, dropped chines and 4 strakes. The turn great on a big course but not as great as a b boat on a hairpin turn.

·
Hostile88
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy to talk to is Al LaPoint of Security Race products. Is your boat the black and blue PC boat that Ed Trehey used to race?

Mine was originally rigged by Wayne Metler. Rick King bought it from me and changed the plates and sold it to Brock Keenan. They installed a blown alky motor in it yesterday and ran it for the first time today in Parker.

My boat was rigged with a 12 degree v-drive (leaned forward). I believe mid plate was 96 and v-drive to transom was 34 maybe 36?

Plate was a 1 piece (originally) with the usual 9" measurement from the back of the transom (if memory serves) and it had a factory installed blast plate.

Sounds like you have a great set up. These boats are fast because they have a lot of rocker, dropped chines and 4 strakes. The turn great on a big course but not as great as a b boat on a hairpin turn.

View attachment 1043072

View attachment 1043073
View attachment 1043074
View attachment 1043075

·
Hostile88
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My boat was black with some orange lettering. Not sure on the history. I bought it from Stu and he rebuilt it. Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts