Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i bought a hondo runner bottom but it has few problems the floor is cracked up right above the wood it doesnt go throught the wood is it safe to run like this or will it come apart and kill me. Next how much would it cost to reglass the floor and flow coat it and is there anyone that can do it in texas

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It's not going to come apart and kill you, it's typical of the breed. Go to the races and check out the flats, most will be cracked up the same. The area just behind the strut is high stress and typically cracks up bad there. Redoing floors is a damn lot of work, and very pricey. Ballpark prices I was able to get out of a few range from 3k to 7k, and they won't know tell there done. Therefore I have been doing my own for several months now, and I can't wait for it to be over! If you need more info go to the paint and fibergalss section, and ask questions there. There's a few knowledgable guys in there. Good luck, F1~

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
floors

I have alot of it sanded out already i was going to lay some fine cloth down over it and gel the middle black like it used to be and shot dura tech on it, this ones isnt cracked at all around the strut it just on outside of the stringers and over the top of all the wood like the sun killed it, the wood looks real nice. Hell you can buy a new bare hull for nearly 7000.00 i have a jim dunn kurtis runner thats new i thinking about puting all the hardware in it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts