Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a big block 427 Hondo tdeck 1977 what are they worth it’s got a Berkeley pump nice interior needs to be assembled and painted and odds and ends paid 3500 any info would be appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would say that the boat is worth whatever you were willing to pay for it. Boat values are dependent on many factors. So with the limited info provided, there is no way for anyone to give you a fair estimate.

Put it together and enjoy it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say that the boat is worth whatever you were willing to pay for it. Boat values are dependent on many factors. So with the limited info provided, there is no way for anyone to give you a fair estimate.

Put it together and enjoy it!
Thank you I guess I should have asked are they a good boat in general do they work well any does and fonts on the build I know nothing of jet boats just trying to figure out what I’ve got

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hondo built good hulls. The Berkeley pump is kind of the standard that most performance pumps are based on. A jet pump is simple in operation but loves power, specifically torque. Lots of it. So, if building an engine, keep that in mind. It used to be that this forum(and others like it) was a treasure trove of info on this stuff, but the traffic has mostly migrated to the big social media site. There are still a couple of holdouts though...

Post up some pics!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am on my third Hondo jet. Love them all Current is a 76 T deck, with a 500" BBF. I purchased less motor and installed the Ford. I did make some mods, I enlarged (lengthened) the cavitation plate and added a rudder for slow speed handling. I enjoy the boat and it handles well. If I can be of any help give me a holler.

The blue one is my current ride. If you need a new windscreen let me know, there are some local sources. PS. Where are you located?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am on my third Hondo jet. Love them all Current is a 76 T deck, with a 500" BBF. I purchased less motor and installed the Ford. I did make some mods, I enlarged (lengthened) the cavitation plate and added a rudder for slow speed handling. I enjoy the boat and it handles well. If I can be of any help give me a holler.
View attachment 1043345 View attachment 1043346

The blue one is my current ride. If you need a new windscreen let me know, there are some local sources. PS. Where are you located?
I’m in Blythe California

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 1043345 View attachment 1043346

my
my boat has this I’ve never seen this on a jet boat but I’ve hearing they put a skag fin or whatever to help them steer better any info on finding a replacement would be great

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks like you have a drop through fin. will need some information to find or make one. Are the holes countersunk on the bottom of the hull? How close to any part of the trailer, or lots of clearance?
Ok so the 4 holes, what size and how far apart, and how far from front of fin slot. What size is the slot ? How thick is the bottom of the hull where it goes through.
With those dimensions we will get you covered.

·
Registered
240 Posts
As long as you are going to be under the hull, take a piece of cardboard and a pencil / or scissors and draw or cut the shape of fin you think will best suit your driving style.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The drop thru fin really helps the boat turn, my Hondo has them along with the adjustable cavitation plates. Good luck getting your Hondo back to glory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The drop thru fin really helps the boat turn, my Hondo has them along with the adjustable cavitation plates. Good luck getting your Hondo back to glory.
Do you know where to get replacement or do they need to be fabricated I’m new to all of this I live on the river and thought I’d give it a shot thanks I’ve already got a couple of people offering input I think that’s great because like I said I’m clueless

·
Registered
118 Posts
Search the V-drive stuff, I think it is a pretty common part. I’ve been part of the lower River north of Blythe for many years!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Sam, was looking through the local SOCal adds and found a fin for $ 50. was wondering if you were able to get any dimensions on yours.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts