Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of the following statements are from BHO's mouth. Which one is true?

Today he stated:
“The issue here is whether or not America pays its bills,” Obama said at a press conference on Monday as he ratcheted up pressure on congressional Republicans to authorize an increase in the nation’s debt limit. “We are not a deadbeat nation.”

He stated in 2006:
" The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit."

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
We are the only ones that pay attention to what he says. The sheeple just shout and cheer in agreement. If asked a liberal this face to face, they would look like a deer in the headlights. ;)

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Should be rather interesting to see how they evade this question.

Both of the following statements are from BHO's mouth. Which one is true?

Today he stated:
“The issue here is whether or not America pays its bills,” Obama said at a press conference on Monday as he ratcheted up pressure on congressional Republicans to authorize an increase in the nation’s debt limit. “We are not a deadbeat nation.”

He stated in 2006:
" The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit."

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Different time, different climate...:)bulb
That's exactly the answer I would expect from you. typical liberal BS. It is a different time. But the climate is the same. Infact it is worse. All the more reson for the Reps to say no and force spending cuts. And don't give me crap about defaulting on our payments and the elderly(SS) and military not getting paid. That is a liberal lie they use to scare the sheep like you. Many expert in the past say it is BS. But many gov agencies will be closed and that's all right by me. Of course you Gov employees on the other hand will cry like babies.

·
2001 cheyenne Splash 555
175 Posts
Where were you in 1991, when we invaded Iraq?

That's exactly the answer I would expect from you. typical liberal BS. It is a different time. But the climate is the same. Infact it is worse. All the more reson for the Reps to say no and force spending cuts. And don't give me crap about defaulting on our payments and the elderly(SS) and military not getting paid. That is a liberal lie they use to scare the sheep like you. Many expert in the past say it is BS. But many gov agencies will be closed and that's all right by me. Of course you Gov employees on the other hand will cry like babies.

Who do you think paid for this war and every war since. Unfunded wars that created huge National debts. Why not ask why those countrys to repay there debt to the US taxpayers. Why was it not part of the National budget? Seems to me you forget the lessons learned in Vietnam. Republicans should be held accountable for the lies of there party. LIES such as weapons of mass distruction, National Interest and ect. Don't cut what I have earned by your parties lies. The Republicans need to be careful of blaming others for there mistakes. We need to Learn from our past mistakes, no more wars, no more handouts to other countries, Take care of our own first.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
They are both true. The debt ceiling isnt' the issue, spending and revenue are the issues. The debt ceiling argument is nothing more that short-term drama and talking points for political gain. The long-term reality we need to manage our debt better ie, pay it down.

You can have both but it takes governing. Something the republicans is the house seem to have lost sight of.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
They are both true. The debt ceiling isnt' the issue, spending and revenue are the issues. The debt ceiling argument is nothing more that short-term drama and talking points for political gain. The long-term reality we need to manager our debt better ie, pay it down.

You can have goth but it takes governing. Something the republicans is the house seem to have lost sight of.[/QUOTE]

BULLSHIT!

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
They are both true. The debt ceiling isnt' the issue, spending and revenue are the issues. The debt ceiling argument is nothing more that short-term drama and talking points for political gain. The long-term reality we need to manager our debt better ie, pay it down.

You can have goth but it takes governing. Something the republicans is the house seem to have lost sight of.[/QUOTE]

BULLSHIT!
I can see you put you usual level of thought into your response.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Interesting how he plays the game. Please share what the difference in climate is from now back to 2006? Oh, that's right , the only difference was a Republican President back then.

More hypocrisy from the left. Remember back when Romney said Jeep was going to send jobs to China by building them over there?

Lies, Damned Lies, and Crony Capitalism - AgainstCronyCapitalism.org

Chrysler to build Jeeps in China | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Hypoeffingcrite

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Dogma's a bitch.
309 Posts
I agree with Rod. Both statements are true. He was correct in 2006. it was a failure of leadership that we are where we were. that is also true today, it is (still) a failure of leadership that we are again seeking to increase our debt.

This isnt about a party failure. Its a government failure.

Obama was talking shit back then.... it aint easy to balance a budget when all your people have thier hands out is it?

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
They are both true. The debt ceiling isnt' the issue, spending and revenue are the issues. The debt ceiling argument is nothing more that short-term drama and talking points for political gain. The long-term reality we need to manage our debt better ie, pay it down.

You can have both but it takes governing. Something the republicans is the house seem to have lost sight of.
And when was the last time the democrats had a budget in the senate???

·
Dogma's a bitch.
309 Posts
No more easy than balancing a budget when waging war providing unecessary stimulus.
Certainly not. and especially not both.

RodnJen said:
C'mon Rod, to be fair the Left isnt interested in any fair play either. We have lost sight that there are two parties in our government, and they need to come together and work together for the better of everyone. Not just their own. Its a simple thing our parents and school teachers all taught us. seems we all want only what we want and fuck the other guys.

Thats not cool, and it has given us the stalemate.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts