Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My german shepherd ,maybe 8 years old, came from the pound 3 years ago is hurtin.. Tuesday night he was having trouble breathing so I took him to the emergency vet. Seems his thlorax(sack around the lungs)was filling with air and had collapsed one lung. I had him tap and drain the thlorax and keep him sedated until morning$800
In the morning I picked him up and went to his regular vet for further work. They watched him half a day and sent me to a surgical vet because he was still leaking.$85
New vet takes more pictures, sends me home$500
Long day, I'm at $1385
Either these things called bollas caused holes in the thorax of it was from a trauma. On Sunday, he jumped into my truck, missed the step on the side and his legs got stuck, I had to pick him up outa there. Didn't think anything about it, called him a dumb azz....
After I drop him at the vet, I'm driving and I notice on the floor of the passenger side a trailer hitch, with the pin in it and a clip in the pin. Sure looked like it woulda hurt if he landed on it.
So, In the morning he's having trouble breathing again, I drive him 40 minutes to the new vet and it's surgery time. Estimate is $4000 - $5300. I was in worse shape than he was.
He made it through ok, that was yesterday.
Today, still leaking. I spent some time with him this afternoon, he was shaved on one side from the back legs to the front, chest, from his balls to his neck. Back half was wrapped in a big bandage with tubes and stuff.
Hoo Doo is in rough shape......

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he was gonna die, for sure. Still could

had to apply for credit at the vets. If it wasn't for that, I woulda had to shove some fix a flat down his throat...

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
You are a good man snake. I hope he pulls through. :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
975 Posts
Bout 6 mos. ago, my old english bulldog started throwing up the morning after a big BBQ. He hucked up a shitload of babyback bones, no suprise that my ex B in law went ahead and fed him the bones after i told everyone to throw them in the trash. 3 days later he had no appetite and was lazy as hell. This was not normal for a 1 yr. old pup, so off to the vet we went ,and after a good $375.00 ass flushing i was told if he didn't shit in 2 days it was gonna be $4000.00 to operate. After 2 enemas a day and mineral oil he finally took a huge dump. Happy ending for me, hope yours is too.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are a good man snake. I hope he pulls through. :))THumbsUp
naaa, I talked myself into it by hoping someone would spend the same dough on me if I was dying

this dog doesn't play, doesn't really like anyone or anything, he's flat out boring

everybody that doesn't live with him loves him

I went to see him today and he didn't give a dam

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I hope your dog pulls thru; Dogs are truly the best friend you can have...They will always love you.

Try this test; Take your wife(Or girlfriend) and your dog, lock them in the trunk of your car, wait an hour, then let them both out and see who's happy to see you......

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tried that

one of them shit in the trunk and I couldn't get either one to fess up....:hmmm:

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from visitation, 40 minutes each way

he didn't give a dam we were there, I think we were bugging him. At least this time he was all bandaged up, not bare shaved. He seemed better, ate a little food, but wanted to go back to his cage.
I told the girl to keep reminding HooDoo how much he just cost me and I would at bare minimum, appreciate a small wag of the tail.......
we left short of a half hour, there was no point.....

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
home, doing good, happy

so far ,so good
Good deal:))THumbsUp...sounds like we have similar dogs with around the same time line. Gus has endeared himself around here pretty good, probably end up with the same ending.

Wife spent that on a cat once that was hit by a car, loan approved and surgery started when I got involved. i kicked the wait desk and said are you fucking kidding me?....its a cat!....damn thing ran off one week after coming home.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
That sucks! Glad he is doing better! :)

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good deal:))THumbsUp...sounds like we have similar dogs with around the same time line. Gus has endeared himself around here pretty good, probably end up with the same ending.

Wife spent that on a cat once that was hit by a car, loan approved and surgery started when I got involved. i kicked the wait desk and said are you fucking kidding me?....its a cat!....damn thing ran off one week after coming home.
see, cats need to have a max of about $100, $200 if ya had them a long time.

HooDoo's maxed out, he owes me....

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
see, cats need to have a max of about $100, $200 if ya had them a long time.

HooDoo's maxed out, he owes me....
He landed well, good for you. The whole cat thing is a very sore subject around here no worries on a repeat.

HooDoo will pay you back the only way he knows, good job.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The whole cat thing is a very sore subject around here no worries on a repeat.

I needed a good laugh.........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
actually, he has labored breathing yesterday and today
kinda waiting to see if it improves or not.
Another trip to the vets this week for pictures will run 350. I can't keep shelling out like this.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts