·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the info. The even runs from Aug 1-10 and wondering if this weekend will be any good. After looking at the events calendar it looks like the majority of stuff is next weekend.

Hit the Peppermill, the Atlantis, and the Grand Sierra. Also if you are into the swap meets the livestock and events center is the place-lots of cars for sale and on display.They run drags in Fernley also -40 miles east on 80.
I go early in the am the car owners are a little more talkative then in the pm after a long day in the nv sun! pick up a Reno Gazette journal it will have the schedule of events. Have fun in Reno!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
going next weekend.:)coffee some friends went up last year on the first weekend and nobody was there

·
Registered
557 Posts
I grew up in Reno and went to this event every year. It's basically a 10 day event. Lot's of people roll in early and there are car shows all over town. The first weekend there is usually one at Boomtown on Saturday. Pepermill and Atlantis are always good as the cars are parked in the parking lots and you are able to check them out up close. I think Victorian Ave. (Sparks) is the best though. Cars parked up and down the sides of the street and the nightly cruises can't be beat.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kind of what I am afraid of although have heard from some people that say the last weekend is the worst since most people are tired and have gone home after being there all week.

going next weekend.:)coffee some friends went up last year on the first weekend and nobody was there
Thanks for the info.

I grew up in Reno and went to this event every year. It's basically a 10 day event. Lot's of people roll in early and there are car shows all over town. The first weekend there is usually one at Boomtown on Saturday. Pepermill and Atlantis are always good as the cars are parked in the parking lots and you are able to check them out up close. I think Victorian Ave. (Sparks) is the best though. Cars parked up and down the sides of the street and the nightly cruises can't be beat.

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts
I would really like to go...however I'm seriously doubting that my car will be done in time. :|err
John,
You could bring your car up to Reno if it is driveable, however, I think they have like a three year waiting list to participate in the downtown parade.
RicheyRch,
The Silver Legacy is a pretty good spot to watch the parade. Get there early as many streets are closed or limited access the day of the parade. Enjoy.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

John,
You could bring your car up to Reno if it is driveable, however, I think they have like a three year waiting list to participate in the downtown parade.
RicheyRch,
The Silver Legacy is a pretty good spot to watch the parade. Get there early as many streets are closed or limited access the day of the parade. Enjoy.
We definitely would be going there.

Try and make a spin through the National Automobile Museum. Some very cool displays.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.