Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the different police on lake havasu are stopping every vessal that does not have there current tags 3 inches from the begining or the end of your numbers on the port or starbord side. Its just another reason to stop you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the different police on lake havasu are stopping every vessal that does not have there current tags 3 inches from the begining or the end of your numbers on the port or starbord side. Its just another reason to stop you.
It may be 3 inches or not but he want to get close to your boat to ask there three famous words. You been drinking .

·
Don't judge me monkey...
705 Posts
Havasu Heat 2009 showed them stopping a rental pontoon full of spring breakers for improper placement of reg numbers...sounds like it's true:|err

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts

.......And that's nothing but pure and simple old-fashioned communism.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts

i'm interested to know what press this is hot off? Did you attend a briefingor something? There's no way they can stop every boat, that's like saying they're going to stop every car for no front plate in cali. that being said, SHIT i need to move my stickers over they're too close.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
The same guy stops me every trip. I only have the tax/state sticker since my boat is documented. I carry a copy of the laws since most of them don't know them.

Kinda takes their fun away when they realize you're federal. But still, OUI will still get you unless your lawyer knows enough about Maritime law to blow them out of the water when it comes to real jurisdiction.....

Coast Guard registered here.
Good for you!!!

Ya, it makes me wanna get one of the V-drivers K-BOATS and make a pass though the channel at Havasu....at about 130mph:|err
I think a night pass might be more interesting. Forewarn the river side bars that a show is coming and mix a little nitro in the alcohol and make sure all the candles are lit thru the channel.........Ray

PS Nitro doesn't burn orange. That is the hydrogen in the air catching fire!!!!

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
It's time they just call it what it is. Any excuse for a stop to check operator sobriety. When I was was stopped for a safety check the female officer didn't know what to do with my fire extinguisher when I handed it to her. I had to tell her that she was supposed to check the gauge to make sure it was charged.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

Must be a CA. thing, in AZ they told me just a space between the Reg. sticker and the reg. numbers, but no certain amount of space. Now the letters and numbers must be 3" in height.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts