Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the heck happened to hot boat??

the last i remember they were taking way too long to revamp their site. now they dont exist all together???

they had some bad a$$ threads, what happened???????????

i have often thought about it, but now others are askin, so whatsup??

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx

thanx oldsqirt .

i am wondering if anyone can help me find the a thread. it is from hotboat. it was a sleekcraft resto. the last time i seen the thread, the guy had removed everything, including the stringers, and split the top from the bottom. i think he had begun putting full lenght stringers in when hotboat crashed(originaly back in 2005 i believe). i know hotboat came back for a while after that.

the boat was the exact same as boat as mine, sleekcraft sportster. at the begining of the thread, it had the same engine cover as mine, but with a big round hole in it for the carb, aircleaner to stick through.

if anybody remembers this thread, or knows how to search for it, or can help me search for it, that would be awesome!!

the boat aught to be done by now!

another on was called "455 guys engine buildup" this one was another good thread, to all olds fans.

any help???

·
Registered
302 Posts
June 2006 magazine issue had Olds engine tech. Look for it or get on Realoldspower.com and ask someone for a copy. All else failing, call me, I wrote it... I won't do a reprint due to copyright law, but I can answer questions. TIMINATOR 623-877-8553

·
Registered
981 Posts
June 2006 magazine issue had Olds engine tech. Look for it or get on Realoldspower.com and ask someone for a copy. All else failing, call me, I wrote it... I won't do a reprint due to copyright law, but I can answer questions. TIMINATOR 623-877-8553

I have that copy of hotboat and made a copy of the olds build in PDF... If your interested in it shoot me a pm with your email and ill send it your way. Ive got my olds built to the T of that article. Hopefully its a runner.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I'd like to see how someone pulls the deck off their boat and then replaces it. Is there such a thread on here? I know a couple of guys that did soem fantastic documentation on their restorations and lost everything on Hotboat.

I guess the new management didn't know what they were doing.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Heard the site was archived on The Wayback Machine on the internet.

Try a search for it (the wayback machine).

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I guess that's what happens when you cater to just one small section of the boating world. I think there are more of us running, than those million dollar off shore rigs.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
The part I found especially spineless....is the fact they couldn't even give heads up to what they're plans were.(no warning all our chit was about to vanish). It's better here anyway...:)devil

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, new management and change of format........ Was more into offshore old school rides until buying my jet in 03/4 and canceled my Powerboat subsricption and switched to HB instead. Then new manage and format seemed to change into a Powerboat copy....... My interests changed and HB kinda no longer met the new me hobby..................

Today, found a good deal on an olds powered 77' Tahiti in my neighborhood, so thank gawd I save all my mags. Article might come in handy all next week. :)devil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts