Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Should have seen that train wreck coming! ;)

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
OK Hammer, most of the major problems upgrades are moving smoothly. PM me exactly what you want to see with the quick nav. It can be something new and even better than before if you like. I will dedicate a solid amount of time over the next two days to fixing and implementing your suggestions.

So I don't get accused of hijacking a thread:

1. Yes they did pay just shy of 15,000 for the domain. No the domain is not worth anything near that amount and probably looses value every day that goes by. It is my belief that the domains true value is in the 1500 to 2500 range as a novelty item. The domain carries no SEO weight and barely gets 1600 searches a month. Google has now BlackListed the domain effectively killing it off the internet. You can't even find it by searching for hotboat.com. Ahh the wrath of Google. The next time that domain sells it will not go for more than 3,500.

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
OK Hammer, most of the major problems upgrades are moving smoothly. PM me exactly what you want to see with the quick nav. It can be something new and even better than before if you like. I will dedicate a solid amount of time over the next two days to fixing and implementing your suggestions.

So I don't get accused of hijacking a thread:

1. Yes they did pay just shy of 15,000 for the domain. No the domain is not worth anything near that amount and probably looses value every day that goes by. It is my belief that the domains true value is in the 1500 to 2500 range as a novelty item. The domain carries no SEO weight and barely gets 1600 searches a month. Google has now BlackListed the domain effectively killing it off the internet. You can't even find it by searching for hotboat.com. Ahh the wrath of Google. The next time that domain sells it will not go for more than 3,500.

hmmmm, I just went to google and searched "hotboat" pulls up numerous pages, and RDP is at the top........

On another note, how is hammer a moderator? With some of the language, topics and items that he gets involved in (like what he said above). You would think a moderator would be, oh, I dont know, more responsible, mature or "adult" like IMO.......

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
hmmmm, I just went to google and searched "hotboat" pulls up numerous pages, and RDP is at the top........

On another note, how is hammer a moderator? With some of the language, topics and items that he gets involved in (like what he said above). You would think a moderator would be, oh, I dont know, more responsible, mature or "adult" like IMO.......
So in other words...a mod can't have a sense of humor? And just because I do, doesn't mean I'm un able to deal with the moderation duties at hand.
Suggestion > loosen up your top collar button and breath a little.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Do I hear sour grapes in this thread?? sure sounds kinda like it ......

Just so you know, on that day it was worth what it sold for. No more, no less

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
So in other words...a mod can't have a sense of humor? And just because I do, doesn't mean I'm un able to deal with the moderation duties at hand.
Suggestion > loosen up your top collar button and breath a little.

Never said they couldnt have a sense of humor, nothing wrong with that. All I said was IMO they should be a little more mature and not bash the site they moderate like you did a few posts above. The maturity thing applys to some of your other posts. I have a feeling several others would agree with me. Thats all, carry on now.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Never said they couldnt have a sense of humor, nothing wrong with that. All I said was IMO they should be a little more mature and not bash the site they moderate like you did a few posts above. The maturity thing applys to some of your other posts. I have a feeling several others would agree with me. Thats all, carry on now.
Unlike some true agitators of this site, my 'smiley' gave my comment the classic Hammer loophole. :D
I fully enjoy this site, being part of it and the opportunity to moderate it.
As far as my comment towards HB I do like how their and our prior QN operated. Also, I wasn't one of the many to kick them in the teeth when they went down. HB provided a LOT of great (Jet/Engine) information for me during their years of operation...as well as founded the beginning of what I considered, the once very large East Coast Hot Rod boat gathering >The BOTE.

I was requested to come here from HB as a mod because (and regardless of my lack of "maturity") I take my moderating job quite seriously and I preform it unbiasedly.

Besides, if I were a 'stick-in-the-mud' Rexie aka Buttercup wouldn't be my PB-BFF :)sphss

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I guess maybe to one person. To the rest of the world, not so much.
Grads, you know I didn't buy it.. and I don't really care about all this stuff. But you were bidding on it up to around 4K if memory serves? Most people (myself included) thought that was crazy, just for a novelty item?

It was worth 1500 to me, for business reasons..

The guy that bought it, bought it for his own reasons, it was worth that to him. The person he outbid, he only outbid by a couple hundred bucks, so it apparently is worth in the neighborhood to someone else as well.. Crazy to me like I said, but other people have other ideas of what to do with it.

RD

·
Banned
196 Posts
Grads, you know I didn't buy it.. and I don't really care about all this stuff. But you were bidding on it up to around 4K if memory serves? Most people (myself included) thought that was crazy, just for a novelty item?

It was worth 1500 to me, for business reasons..

The guy that bought it, bought it for his own reasons, it was worth that to him. The person he outbid, he only outbid by a couple hundred bucks, so it apparently is worth in the neighborhood to someone else as well.. Crazy to me like I said, but other people have other ideas of what to do with it.

RD
I never said that you bought it. And as far as my bidding goes, my last bid was $303 because frankly thats all I thought it was worth.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts