Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Im having a hard time understanding how this is even possible?

I doubt even my friends on a bender if put up to a challenge could pull this off.

Uncle Dave

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Most of these houseboats have the grey and black tanks in one sponson which is why you see them listing when heading in after a week on the lake.

I guys after a week of that it gets heavy enough in the right conditions to flip- pretty scary shit if Youve ever been on powell in a storm which I did in a 21ft tunnel hull boat once.

Uncle Dave

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Most of these houseboats have the grey and black tanks in one sponson which is why you see them listing when heading in after a week on the lake.

I guys after a week of that it gets heavy enough in the right conditions to flip- pretty scary shit if Youve ever been on powell in a storm which I did in a 21ft tunnel hull boat once.

Uncle Dave
Our Houseboat has two tanks per toon, so it stays balance. We can walk in our toons, great place to keep the Beer.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
That boat is similar to mine, and the only way I can imagine that happening would be if there were large waves that were rocking the boat that allowed the wind to catch the canopy at an angle.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Our Houseboat has two tanks per toon, so it stays balance. We can walk in our toons, great place to keep the Beer.
You keep your beer in the sewage tanks? Which, Bud Light or Coors Light?

Maybe you meant to say something else.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
If you can rock the boat that hard or load it that heavy on one side while sitting on the shore, then roll it UP the shore, then you can do something no one else can. wind is the likely cause. JMO;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
boat flip

We were down there at the time and heard they were on shore and a microburst like a mini-tornado just picked it up and flipped it on the beach. heard noone was hurt so that is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts