Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pine flat is in Central Calif. East of Fresno, in the Sierra Foothills. Pine Flat is a reservoir formed by a Dam on the Kings River, coming out of Kings Canyon. 1 mil acre/ft when full.

Very good ski lake, and not too crowded.

Houseboat is homemade. I built it to be a comfortable 3-5 day boat. It's not a Powell boat, but it's stable, comfortable, shaded and safe. Plus, you're out of the mud/muck of shore.

It's an open boat and very simple, but it works very well. Square pontoons are very stable with 30+ people on board. Has stove/oven and bar-b-que. Solar power'd batteries, so there is basic lights at night if you need them, but mostly we use the batteries for the stereo and the water pump.

Boat has two decks, 30 ft long. Top deck has shade as well. Top deck is where most people choose to sleep and enjoy the stars. There is a 15 ft Trex swim deck off the back of the boat. This is where the kids will be playing most of the day.

two choices on rental:

$100/day if you wanna stay slipped in the Marina. Lots of people do this every weekend. It's easy.

$200/ day (3 day minimum) and I'll tie it up in the cove for you, then bring it back. Will tie it up similar to pictures.

Not going to allow you the keys to "cruise" it and tie it up yourself.. Too many bad things could happen.. Sorry.

Lake water is filtered and heated. Quick disconnect water line for showers at the end of the day and there is running water at the sink to clean up dishes after meals.

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
We've hung out with Neil and his crew on his houseboat. It's a very cool set up.....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey, I think I have seen you guys up there many times before. You guys stay at the turn between the channel and the stretch to Trimmer, right? We stay at a friends place in Driftwood but I may have to hit you up some time for the houseboat.

I will be up there this weekend. Maybe I will see ya.

·
Registered
762 Posts
We've been on this boat a couple times and it's a great set up. Like Neil said it's got a swim deck on the back that is perfect for hanging out on or for the kids(or both). This is a sweet deal!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I think I have seen you guys up there many times before. You guys stay at the turn between the channel and the stretch to Trimmer, right? We stay at a friends place in Driftwood but I may have to hit you up some time for the houseboat.

I will be up there this weekend. Maybe I will see ya.
Sounds like us. Depending on water levels we're normally somewhere around there.

It's nice having a good "day beach".. We don't sleep on it much anymore, but it's nice having a good base for the days fun.

We'll be out this weekend (father's day). Stop by, say hello, and have a beer.

RT

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've hung out with Neil and his crew on his houseboat. It's a very cool set up.....
We've been on this boat a couple times and it's a great set up. Like Neil said it's got a swim deck on the back that is perfect for hanging out on or for the kids(or both). This is a sweet deal!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
PLEASE, I'd like to rent the Pine Flat houseboat

I will be the first to admit that I am technologically challenged and therefore not sure how to get this message across to find out if the Pine Flat Houseboat is available for rental. Can someone please tell me if the houseboat is still available for rental and how I contact the owner.

I really hope this gets me to the right person in time.

Thank you for your help!!

·
Some guy
3,631 Posts
I will be the first to admit that I am technologically challenged and therefore not sure how to get this message across to find out if the Pine Flat Houseboat is available for rental. Can someone please tell me if the houseboat is still available for rental and how I contact the owner.

I really hope this gets me to the right person in time.

Thank you for your help!!
I checked his profile, he has not been on the site for about a month so will send him a regular email for you.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I haven't seen Neil (RightyTighty) on the boards or in person in a few years. I have is cell number, if it is still good. I will try to text him tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I spoke to RightyTighty. This is an old thread. He doesn't rent the Houseboat anymore.

Sent from my Samsung RT99 using Tapatalk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts