Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the following over in the Political Forum, but thought it deserved more attention. I have a good neighbor fighting for his life because an illegal immigrant scumbag wasn't effectively kept out of our country:

Last week a 20+ year Houston PD veteran undercover narcotics Agent was shot in the face during a drug raid. His 2 backups killed the perp. The officer was always the first one in the door trying to protect his officers. This time the perp had an elaborate security camera system and was waiting in ambush.

He shot the officer in the side the face and severed his carotid artery. He is in critical condition with holes needing to be drilled in his skull to relieve pressure on his brain. He's a good man and lives in the same subdivision I live in south of Houston. We are all praying for his survival.

Now as to the perp. He was legalized after his parents were granted citizenship years ago and after being busted on several drug charges was convicted and sent back to Mexico after serving time. He has returned off and on to only be busted and sent back. The last time he apparently didn't leave for long and was back here again illegally dealing narcotics. This is a very bad man that has been in the system a long time yet still managed to beat it. A lot of this history was not immediately reported by local news but is coming out. He is of course being defended by family members claiming him to be a good father and citizen inspite of his record.

Michael Berry, a former Houston City Coucilman, now local Talk Radio host, interviewed Houston Mayor, Bill White (D). White said all the right indignant catch phrases and basically put the blame on the Federal Government for this illegal being here. Berry questioned White about Houston being a "sanctuary city". White openly denied this but couldn't back up Berry's list of reasons why Houston is considered a "sanctuary city", main points being Houston city officials, including the Police Commisioner don't actively arrest illegals. White skirted this issue by putting the blame back on the Feds.

Well this incident may well be the final straw as the HPD Union is making a stand against management to untie their hands and allow them to arrest and detain illegals for ICE to send back to the home countries. White isn't going to be able to brush this one off and it's high time the rest of the country's Mayors and Governors started doing the job and enforce the laws in place that would eliminate the problem.

The Police are tired of having their hands tied by bureaucracy and officers like my neighbor Rick, are paying the ultimate price. Please join me and the HPD officers in pressuing local officials to do the right thing. It's obvious Washington isn't going to do it without some pressure.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Prayers to the officer involved. And yes, I for one am glad the perp was killed.

Darrell.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Sorry about your friend, this happens way too often. Can you imagine what would happen to any of us if we pulled this shit in Toilet Mexico or in Canada or any other country, we'd get our dick chopped off. Glad the f'n loser is dead and hope our lawmen will soon have free reign to shoot then ask questions more often.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
I am very sorry for your friend, and hope he overcomes and survives. It's nice to have a supportive thread on this, instead of one where people bitch about officer's "cake" pensions, vacation time, etc. Anyone out there want the perks..step right up and be a cop!

Keep us posted on his condition please!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
We will say our prayers for this brave officer..

Most people really do not know how tough a LEO's job can be unless they either know someone in that field or have spent a day in their shoes...I wish our politicians wake up someday and start to protect our legal citizens and stand behind our LEO's for a change...

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Prayers to the officer involved. And yes, I for one am glad the perp was killed.

Darrell.
X3. I hate hearing news like that. I had a good friend killed in the line of duty because of some P.O.S. like that 2 years ago, and we lost another Trooper last year. I think about it every day, and that's why I'm getting back into law enforcement. I'm literally finishing up some courses online right now to take my state peace officers exam again. I'm tired of putting up with these scum bags :|err

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Bad deal for sure. Sounds like Mayor White is a side-ways talking POS politcian also! Part of the problem! :(

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Remember when events like this shocked people?
Still bothers me.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Our prayers go out to Rick and his family.

It's unfortunate that todays society (read liberals) seem to think that it's ok for scumbags to beat the system. Here in AZ, we read about the same thing, see the throngs of illegals abusing the system with no penalty, and those that do try to enforce the laws getting drug into the system themsleves. There have been 2 recent cases here, one of a rancher in Douglas being sued for detaining illegal aliens on his property, holding them for ICE, and the most recent with a federal (once again, read liberal) investigation into the Maricopa County Sheriffs office for enforcing immigration laws.

Back on track here,, as was posted in a previous post, if you can post up the donation information for this officer and his family, We would gladly donate to it.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you know if they have a fund to help offset cost??
The below is a link to Glen Beck talking with HPD Union chief Guy Blankenship. The fund set up is currently through the Union.

The Link with the interview gives some detail about the aftermath so far. I actually hesitate to put the link up because with Rick still in very critical condition, I don't want to take away focus from him. But I know that he would would want the seriousness of doing nothing about the illegal problem to be immediately addressed in order to avoid any more Officers being injured or worse. The link's interview addresses this very thing.

On behalf of Rick's family and our community I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b79_1236897979

Also there is a fund for the Salter Family -
Assist the Officer’s fund, 1600 State St., Houston, TX 77007

1 - 15 of 15 Posts