Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stud's are frozen in the bowl.
How can i remove them so I can put a wedge in?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tryed double nutting and it didn't work.....
tryed triple nutting and it didn;t work....
fock man i'm runnin out of nut!!!!:|err

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
has anyone used that stud remover B-4?
I wonder if it works good?:)bulb
I have and they do work if they are not frost bit! Stainless or steel studs? You will have to be careful when trying to remove the studs! Alu. tends to seaze on anything! The double nut will work with some heat. Propane torch and time try going in a little and then out alittle at a time! Good pen. oil will help to! WT:)devil

Coby

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's I'll try that but I don't want to ruin the bowl I have a trip to laughlin on the 18th.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Dont get carried away with the torch do it from the inside first then outside. Let it cool down a bit and try again (slowly!!) If it has stainless studs you might break it off, then stop on that one! Go to another one if it breaks take it to a shop or mich. shop and let them do it. They may have to drill them out! WT:)devil Just don't get to carried away with it!!

Coby

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Dont get carried away with the torch do it from the inside first then outside. Let it cool down a bit and try again (slowly!!) If it has stainless studs you might break it off, then stop on that one! Go to another one if it breaks take it to a shop or mich. shop and let them do it. They may have to drill them out! WT:)devil Just don't get to carried away with it!!

Coby
On an old bowl with steel studs I had to cut them all flush and drill them out one by one. and then run a end tap to clean up the threads. MUST BE DONE ON A DRILL PRESS and a GOOD HOLDING FIXTURE!!! otherwise let someone do it.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

Coby
Yes, if you are unsure about it, take it to a machine shop.:)bulbThere are few things that I hate more than when somebody brings in something with a bolt broken off in it, and they have tried every method they could think of, but they all failed, and fucked it up even worse.:|err That just makes my life harder, and your's because it costs you more money/time to remove a bolt that has been seriously fucked up.

Just my .02!:D

Good luck.:)hand

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Yes, if you are unsure about it, take it to a machine shop.:)bulbThere are few things that I hate more than when somebody brings in something with a bolt broken off in it, and they have tried every method they could think of, but they all failed, and fucked it up even worse.:|err That just makes my life harder, and your's because it costs you more money/time to remove a bolt that has been seriously fucked up.

Just my .02!:D

Good luck.:)hand

Didnt you get fired from that JOB??

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Get a propane torch and heat the studs up. Then double nut and remove.
Do not heat the studs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEAT THE ALUMINUM AROUND THE STUD!!!!!!!!!!!

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Didnt you get fired from that JOB??
Where in the hell did you get that idea?:)eh:)

I never got fired from shit!!!!!Reality

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do exactly what what HJ has said in all his posts. I have been in the Machine Shop industry for a long time and those are the methods I would chose.Try to get them out right after puttin some heat around the stud,(but do not heat the stud itself) this causes the aluminum to expand. If they don't come out after the above methods take it to a machine shop and have them get em out. If you were closer to me I would say just bring it over and I would remove them for ya. Good luck and when you put your new studs in make sure to use anti-seize on them.

Ironman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts