Performance Boats Forum banner

How did you come up with your screen name? Contest ends 7/27

Tags
screen
11K views 158 replies 114 participants last post by  Zeke27G 
#1 · (Edited)
I get asked on occasion about my screen name and I don't have a great story other than King Creole is my favorite Elvis movie.
However I believe that many of you were a little more creative in choosing your name so the best story that gets posted will win a $250 gift certificate from one of our PB advertisers. Tell all.

Contest will close on July 27 at 5pm.

#5 ·
My wife and my 3 daughters names start with T. I now have 4 grandchildren with names that start with T. There are 22 kids and grandkids that have T names. Thought of changing my name from Scott to Ttocs, but didnt know how to pronounce it.

#6 · (Edited)
I was going to use TheMostIncredibleAndAmazingManOnEarth - but it was too long and seemed a bit vain (plus it would've made me sound like a circus headliner)...

Seriously, though -

Formula = Pontiac Formula Firebird (My pride and joy is/was my '99 Formula hardtop. Sadly it burned almost 2 years ago...on a brighter note, the engine survived the fire and currently powers my Liberator jet boat. The car WILL run again, it just may have to be a full race car. Best time was 9.97 @ 136 - car still had all factory power options including A/C and was full weight.)
ZR = my initials

Before:

After:

#11 ·
I sell land only, here in Arizona and thirty years ago some clown tried to insult me by calling me "Doctor Dirt."
It stuck and I've used it ever since in the business. Problem is, there are lots of people that have no idea what my name is, they just call and ask for Dr. Dirt. :D

It works for me and provides material for small people. hil:)

"Dr.Dirt" - Arizona land sales

#15 ·
About 7 years about when our friends daughter was very little, every time we would meet in the channel to start our Havasu trip together she would say "There's That Crazy Nick" and then it was just "That Crazy Nick" and that is how TCN came about. Thanks Kate and the 2LKHVSU's.:)

#21 ·
use to work for a trucking company that we would get done around 4pm and a few of us would run to the local water hole for just a few:DAt the time i drove a 1994 ford bronco and many time's would sleep in the back of it at the yard because of a few to many, one time i had this girl with me and was working her over in the back:|err while she was screaming al and then started saying alby,alby,alby really fast and loud and a few of the guy's heard her and started calling me alby:)bulb it just stuck. still funny when i see someone that was there that night and they start saying alby alby and the pine part is last name.:)devil

#25 ·
I really think I am the only guy on this whole site that used my first name as my screen name, should I get credit for that or should I scholded and told that I "should be more original"???

I'll take $100 towards Rex Marine for an Honorable Mention (aka lame a$$)

#27 · (Edited)
I used the name Roger in college when I would meet someone that I didn't want to give my real name to. I then used Roger as my alias when I worked in a business that required an Alias. When I needed an email address for eBay and such back in 1999), I made it RogerThat99 and it stuck. So now I am RogerThat99. That is my story. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.