Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to mount your intake????

I moved mine back a few years ago and now it has a nice crack along the side of it. Some people say it is from towing it down the road, but I am not sure that I did it right.:)st

·
Premium Member
7,314 Posts
Nice Shick!! Funny Sh*T, you beat me to the smart a$$ post ;)
But seriously more than I'm prepared to type , the offer is there if you'd like to call we'll walk you thru the entire process we do an intake or so every week or so , You will need a couple or 4 ft levels a couple of angle finders and a flat level surface to work on and ... a lot of patience "measure several times cut once" call if we can help Tom
oh and do your self a favor and take the plunge for all new stainless bolts nuts washers , it will pay off

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Shick!! Funny Sh*T, you beat me to the smart a$$ post ;)

Tom, you would need to get up really early to beat Shick to a smart a$$ post. :p :D

Now back to intakes. :)hand

I am wondering if you would want to build a fiberglass curb to fit the intake so you would use a minimal amount of the marinetech??? The marinetech is the part that cracked, and maybe there was too much of it.

·
Premium Member
7,314 Posts
I dunno I can hold my own in the Smart ass dept :) , But Good observation, Occasionally minor glass work may be neccesary depending on type of intake and the hull/bottom thickness/integrity) also to reduce the amount of "bedding" neccesary and add "structure and strength . Epoxy alone has no "structure" , epoxy basically bonds, seals and "takes up space" , enequities and minor voids etc Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.