Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my uncle marks mill built him last winter.475bbc.a exhaust valve let go and he held it wot till she filled up with water and seized.not exactly what you want to happen;)but anyway he said lets do it again,lol!!!but bigger so here is some pics of the ruined stuff.i have ordered him a 496 eagle rotating assembly this time and we are going with brodix heads and doing away with anything cheap.hope you fellas enjoy the pics,later travis
oh yeah these were kieth black forged flat tops.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
gas ported piston:)devil:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Man sorry about your luck...

I do not want to sound like a ahole but this is my two cents.....
did it have inconel valves? "ex. temps are high"

eagle? made in china....but thier stuff is getting better.... sad to say

If I was going china lunati has the nice shit .....
on eagle shit re-check everything or it will be tender times in tune up town.

fuk china

MADE IN USA:)devil

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not want to sound like a ahole but this is my two cents.....
did it have inconel valves? "ex. temps are high"

eagle? made in china....but thier stuff is getting better.... sad to say

If I was going china lunati has the nice shit .....
on eagle shit re-check everything or it will be tender times in tune up town.

fuk china

MADE IN USA:)devil
thats okay you sound fine to me:)hand

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if your going to do it may aswell do it right!! lol Sleave should fix the block.
the block is .100 overbore will it take a sleeve:)bulb

if so thats good ill sleeve it and save for another day.;)

i already bought him a 454 standard bore markv block this morning 200 bucks.

the cylinder wall has 2 very long nice cracks in it.thats were the water came in they maybe hard to see in the pics.:D

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kind of reminds you of the rods you were originally going to put it that motor don't they hil:) nothing surprising here, that build was doomed from the beginning. :)hand
yes it does:)hand

actually gn7 the mill was doing great and he was very happy with the results.the issues i had seem to not have been the real reason it let go;)could have been he was racing a fountain{single engine} and he held it in rough water for about 2 miles to the floor with the pump going dry and then reloading,so im gonna guess the hyd roller lifter pumped up and then kaboom:)bulb

as always thanks for the comments,travis

·
Village Idiot
3,453 Posts
Just a reminder, the Gen V block takes a different front cover, oil pan and heads. Most of the aftermarket heads will work on both so if you are going with Brodix you won't have to worry. You will have to run a Gen V head gasket though. (I hope you I did not bore you with stuff you already know.

Paul

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a reminder, the Gen V block takes a different front cover, oil pan and heads. Most of the aftermarket heads will work on both so if you are going with Brodix you won't have to worry. You will have to run a Gen V head gasket though. (I hope you I did not bore you with stuff you already know.

Paul
thanks for the info paul,no you did not bore me at all:D

i found and bought him a mark4 block this morning.250 bucks standard bore.thats not to bad.:)hand

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did the Fountain lose it's motor too ?
no he did not,lol!!!my uncle has no concept of a jet and what it likes,he does now;)my aunt said everytime he gets in it hes to the floor for along ways down the lake.i told him this summer that was gonna catch up with him sooner or later.well it did.

he was just happy that the lp was running 72mph right beside the fountain.lol!!!he just forgot to let off,lmfaohil:)

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Before I installed Ferrera inconel valves...
...been there, done that and just as ugly > my rod was bent more :)devil

·
Registered
598 Posts
Truck heads? What was Uncle Mark expecting? He could rebuild that same motor with a good set of BB-2 plus brodix heads, see a great performance improvment and save lots of money.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Truck heads? What was Uncle Mark expecting? He could rebuild that same motor with a good set of BB-2 plus brodix heads, see a great performance improvment and save lots of money.
lol!!!!!!yeah it will be alot better this go around.i think he will be alittle more forgiving this go around.:D

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Inconel on the exhaust valve, no matter what head you use. If he is gonna run it like an offshore boat, the exhaust valve is gonna let go sooner or later. The guide clearance in another area over looked for marine engines, they need a bit more clearance than their asphalt cousins.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts