Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
On a Cougar 19' Tunnel...

Best speed 107 mph, but 110 is in the cards due to set up issues that have since been changed. I expect 110 mph to 112 mph out of my set up.(labbed Pro ET 4 blade 32 pitch) I think a properly set up STV or Mirage could do the 114 mph you speak of. Simonmotorsports does an ECU flash allowing the mighty 300xs to rev to 6800 rpm and takes a healthy dose of weight off the flywheel. I hear it really wakes the beast up. I love my 300xs due to its great fuel mileage and able to handle 100 mph all day. :|err

·
Platinum Member
2,102 Posts
Top Speed of the 300xs is RPM and Gear Ratio.The rpm limiter can be reflashed ,However,Props lose %eff as they get taller 32-34-36 pitch range you can get a !.75 or 1.62 ratio only from merc .I would like to see a 1.50 factory gear set for the 300xs.The 300xs is at its best in a torque war. If your boat is in the 19 to21 foot range its a great way to go.The 300xs with a sportmaster gearcase 1.62 will push you well past 100mph all day on pump gas The 2.5 drag sniffing NOS is a great rev box to 11 Grand in a light Mirage in a quater mile it will lay down the smack.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
The Daytona would be there...

so is the skater/trick 21' one the the faster 21footers with the 300xs...????
The Cougar as well...the 300xs is a strong motor. It loves a small to mid size tunnel boats. Was the trick stable at speed? My friend drove one and said he was not getting a good set at speed. My friend has thousands of seat hours and a mad selection of boats...It wasn't his lack of feel for the boat. Individual set up is critical, just wondered what your impression was of the trick. you can pm me if you would prefer.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Cougar as well...the 300xs is a strong motor. It loves a small to mid size tunnel boats. Was the trick stable at speed? My friend drove one and said he was not getting a good set at speed. My friend has thousands of seat hours and a mad selection of boats...It wasn't his lack of feel for the boat. Individual set up is critical, just wondered what your impression was of the trick. you can pm me if you would prefer.
you could let go of the steering wheel when it took a set...

at 80 mph it sure felt like a much bigger boat

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took the trick out at mead today... did 90 plus with full tanks and full ice chest

question;
does the heat affect these motors the same as inboards?

seem to be sluggesh with the 32 p four blade

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
was your friends name paul?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.