Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was noticing the other day my carb leans backward(I know that sounds dumb) so my q? is A: should I get a carb spacer to level it out. or B: just get some jet extentions (for the secondaries)and don't worry about it?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
carb spacer?

It sits so far backward when I look through the sight windows, in the secondaries all I see is brass(float).

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vic jr. 4150. rail kit is set dead level with the stringers. I dunno seems like my secondaries aren't kickin in.. I just see the carb leaning back and me accelerating away from the fuel.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
vic jr. 4150. rail kit is set dead level with the stringers. I dunno seems like my secondaries aren't kickin in.. I just see the carb leaning back and me accelerating away from the fuel.
You should be fine with that intake. If the extensions dont do it the bowl is empty.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No spread bore. Just 800 dp. You can't really tell the angle in that pic unless you look at the floats.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Something is up with that float. Better pull the bowl and take a look. While you are there add the jet extension kit. lol

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is another angle I could be wrong, but I think it's like that becauses of the angle. I bet if I held a level from float to float it would be right level. BTW fuel is right at the bottom of both windows.

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
If that is realy the float level fuel would be running out of your down legs.
Agree, it would be running out the down legs, fuel window, everywere!!!

That dark mark you can see on the float is about were the fuel level should be in relation to the float itself.
The angle will change things a bit but it looks a little extreme for everything inside the bowl to be normal.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's mounted via lightning rail kit. I'll pull her apart tonite and shoot some pics (not real sure what I'm looking for), hopefully my extentions will be in before I need to pick jr up. BTW are down legs = overflow. I ran 10 gals sunday with it just like that, I wish my f'n a/f would have been working , plugs look prettty lean.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts