Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the problem here is more with Key bank, rather than lbys. I wonder how much they are really into these boats for? I have to guess it's quite a bit of money or they would be really liquidating them and taking their losses.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I will say again. Aside from the U.S. Government, Banks are the next slowest institution to deal with. Part of the slowness is the federal regulations that make them jump through 50 hoops to get something done. :)coffee My guess is it will be some time before these hulls get to a level people are interested in. ;) At some point the Bank will cut their losses and run. It will take time.

U

·
0 Posts
I think the problem here is more with Key bank, rather than lbys. I wonder how much they are really into these boats for? I have to guess it's quite a bit of money or they would be really liquidating them and taking their losses.
The bank is in an un-powered 28 deck with trailer over $50K

·
Banned
138 Posts
Hey 2forcefull, I haven't been on the boards long but I have noticed that you have a hard-on for Long Beach Yacht Sales. Is there a reason for this? Maybe some past history that I don't know about?

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:mad::mad: yeah, but a f'ing bank will raise your interest rate faster than you can jerk off !!!, or dream up some new charge to bend you over !!!:mad::mad:

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Hey 2forcefull, I haven't been on the boards long but I have noticed that you have a hard-on for Long Beach Yacht Sales. Is there a reason for this? Maybe some past history that I don't know about?
nOOb, many things you do not know, there is.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Went to the Stanton LBYS yard, looked over several boats. Sad to see some off them uncovered with shoe-prints, dirty and some scratched up.
Can't blame them for trying to get the "highest" offer. Wish them A LOT of LUCK they have over 200+ boats to move, its going to be tough.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
No, he is a serious buyer. In fact he will buy one or two or twenty if they will give a price and or take offers on some. He's got nothing but the run-around at this point. They asked him to back off and told him if he relaxes a little they will get him some pricing. That was three weeks ago. It's time to either sell some boats, or quit saying you have 200 boats for sale that you can't really sell.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Well it's been two (+) weeks of speculation from $20K on up to ???, and still no concrete, action/sales/info. I don't believe the 'checking inventory' story also I know that "bank asset liquidation sales" never operate in this manner. The bank is looking for ONE BUYER! ONE BUYER, means LBYS gets paid for 'securing and storing the assets', and nothing more. IF LBYS did conduct auctions, and 'single lot sales' they would involve "other charges" (commisions, DMV, MSO etc) which would be born on the sales prices or the seller (bank). "Storage VS commisions!" Whip up a frenzy of interrest, and then sell ALL the assets to ONE GUY WHO WILL BUILD THE BOATS AND BE THE WINNER! Maybe even RON. Ron could start a 'shell corp.' and purchase the assets (at reduced prices) in a one shot sale. He may not be a named member of the corp. but he would be in charge. He would need to move the business out of Az. but that is a small problem. Hello VEGAS! LOOK! It's almost 'cinco de Mayo' and many of these "assets" are only HULLS ON TRAILERS. No matter whom is in control, it is going to take time (and money) to rig and finish these boats in time for THIS SUMMER. The bank is looking at "time VS money", and they have already taken the largest HIT they want to endure. They will hold out for 'their terms' and $20K times 200, ain't gon'na (going to) make it! I don't remember all the names offered by the LBYS guy as to whom they would work with for rigging, but I do remember Teague and Advantage as two of the names. If 3 or 4 boats were taken over to Advantage, they would need to 're-hire' people they just laid off a few weeks ago, will those people come back? OR! Will they just 'hire new people'? TEAGUE, to me his name 'flys in the face' on this entire deal. You want to "steal a new Magic hull" ,and then PAY TEAGUE prices for rigging? HA HA! It won't be worth any more or less if Cheetah Bob rigged it! The brand name is dead. AS OF TODAY. But who really knows? I do enjoy all the comments here, it's been fun!

·
Registered
281 Posts
the easyest thing to sell is a liquidation sale, if it's a true sale

when you advertise that a business has closed the doors and the bank has
forced a liquidation sale, people come running, get that deal of a lifetime...

well, what LBYS has done is create the frenzy... got all the sharks to show up,
collect all contact info...

let everyone stew.. during that time it lets people take mental owner ship

now they start wanting the boat...are you gonna loose your boat to someone
that you never met....hell no...I'll pay more...

pretty smart if you ask me...In fact I was shocked to hear that 150 people are allready

try'n to eat each other and make sure they pay the most that they can for

boats that have been setting out side for years

myself, before I'd invest in a closed business , old inventory boat for 70/80k

I'd just go to howard, eliminator, shockwave, cheetah,force, or conquest and get a brand spank'n new boat that was custom built for me....didn't mean to leave anyone out...
cash is KING, there are a lot of tire kickers!! They'll soon find out.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Sorry! I wasn't trying to start problems. I am just as curious as everyone else as to what these Magics will go for. I just don't don't understand why 2forcefull takes it so personally or is on the attack?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Sorry! I wasn't trying to start problems. I am just as curious as everyone else as to what these Magics will go for. I just don't don't understand why 2forcefull takes it so personally or is on the attack?
Because 2Force is probably only one in a small handful of people willing to buy (cash in hand) multiple units and assume the risk of trying to finish, market and turn a profit on an item that most people in this economy consider a luxury. I don't blame him for being a little pissed. From what he's posted, he pretty much waved cash under their proverbial noses and they scoffed at him like he was a chump.

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
This thread wont last long. anything about the Magic deal gets gone around here....
You know I normally just ignore your continual jabs at Performance Boats, myself, the other moderators and admins here. You never fail to take every opportunity to beat us down here and on other websites as well. If you hate the place so much you can certainly find the door out. :)bulb

The Magic and LBYS threads are seen as free spamming here. Chris has been quite clear on his wishes for no free spamming of this website as well as less drama threads. It is the moderator's and admin's job to enforce those wishes. You don't have to agree or like the rules but neither do the moderators, ownership, and admin have to put up with your continual ridicule on this site. Obviously you are welcome to post falsities and in poor taste on other sites as you wish.

The cost to run and keep this website's content current are substantial. The forums (which are cheap and anyone with $300 and a domain and host can have one) are a small part of this endeavor and cost. The event and manufacturer coverage, video production, and staff to make it all happen is where the costs are at. Editors, photographers, videographers, the staff teams traveling the country producing content for this site and magazine are extensive. The forums are a tiny part of the Performance Boats website. There are extensive picture gallerys, videos, online magazine content, blogs, etc etc etc, to explore here. It costs a bunch of dough and free spammers here are NOT welcome. Those in the industry who support the site are supported in return. Chris has made this perfectly clear yet we get posters who don't get it on here weekly.

That is why those threads (LBYS related) were moved (notice not deleted). If you check I think you'll find one of them isn't even locked. I cannot even remember when we last deleted a thread on this website other than a poster request here and there, a spammer, or an intentional shit stirrer drama or alias post. You will be hard pressed to find that on other forum sites. We don't just delete things here because they are unpopular subjects or we don't happen to like them. Most forums are very strict and anything remotely out of line is gone like a dry shit patty in a high wind on a Nebraska plain in about 2 seconds.

Have a great day :)

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You know I normally just ignore your continual jabs at Performance Boats, myself, the other moderators and admins here. You never fail to take every opportunity to beat us down here and on other websites as well. If you hate the place so much you can certainly find the door out. :)bulb

The Magic and LBYS threads are seen as free spamming here. Chris has been quite clear on his wishes for no free spamming of this website as well as less drama threads. It is the moderator's and admin's job to enforce those wishes. You don't have to agree or like the rules but neither do the moderators, ownership, and admin have to put up with your continual ridicule on this site. Obviously you are welcome to post falsities and in poor taste on other sites as you wish.

The cost to run and keep this website's content current are substantial. The forums (which are cheap and anyone with $300 and a domain and host can have one) are a small part of this endeavor and cost. The event and manufacturer coverage, video production, and staff to make it all happen is where the costs are at. Editors, photographers, videographers, the staff teams traveling the country producing content for this site and magazine are extensive. The forums are a tiny part of the Performance Boats website. There are extensive picture gallerys, videos, online magazine content, blogs, etc etc etc, to explore here. It costs a bunch of dough and free spammers here are NOT welcome. Those in the industry who support the site are supported in return. Chris has made this perfectly clear yet we get posters who don't get it on here weekly.

That is why those threads (LBYS related) were moved (notice not deleted). If you check I think you'll find one of them isn't even locked. I cannot even remember when we last deleted a thread on this website other than a poster request here and there, a spammer, or an intentional shit stirrer drama or alias post. You will be hard pressed to find that on other forum sites. We don't just delete things here because they are unpopular subjects or we don't happen to like them. Most forums are very strict and anything remotely out of line is gone like a dry shit patty in a high wind on a Nebraska plain in about 2 seconds.

Have a great day :)
Ill try!!

My opinions are shared by many, unfortunately some are nut swingers, and wont say anything, (ala the bump rule in spam...come on now). If people were allowed to speak there opinions, and have those opinions listened to, instead of just puffing out your chests and blowing them off stating the "rules" you could see some interesting comments, but that wont happen.

On my way to work, its gonna be a great day!!!:D:D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts