Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im heading to Saratoga NY in a couple of weeks and bringing the jet boat with me... I checked the local ordinance and they say 86 Decibles is the max at 50 Feet....

How loud is that and do you think at idle my 350 with OT headers is gonna break that?

BTW any of you boys up in NY near Saratoga Springs?

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Running any Baffles? Are the OT headers dry or water injected?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Every state/lake could be/is different. In utah it varys from the year of the boat.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Go to wal-mart's electronics section and buy a decibel-meter, do the test yourself, then you'll have some idea of how close you are.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
That's funny 71. For what it's worth through transom headers draw a lot less attention from leo's than ot's. I've yet to run accross a leo with a db meter .

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Guess I'm just getting old as I'm about ready for through transom headers, or a boat thats much more...QUITE! :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Talk about profiling with OT Headers. I got pulled over by the water cops on the lake I go to in CT. and the damn boat was off, yup not even running. They never even heard the boat running and they came up to me with strobe lights on and all. The water-clown (cop) said he could not read my reg. numbers that is why I am getting checked. I told him, tell me another excuse.
What a joke. My numbers are large black ugly ones too see pic.
T.J.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Realistically, many of the cops just want to see you trying. By running baffles and the water and try not to flaut the noise and stay pointed awa from the cops when they are around.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Realistically, many of the cops just want to see you trying. By running baffles and the water and try not to flaut the noise and stay pointed awa from the cops when they are around.

That be the plan...

When out of state should i worry about having my stickers being from out of state. They are 100% legal and legit but just in NC... Never been out of state with it...

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That be the plan...

When out of state should i worry about having my stickers being from out of state. They are 100% legal and legit but just in NC... Never been out of state with it...
It shouldn't be a problem with the registration, I have one CA and one AZ and I never get crap for either one in either state.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts