Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
13' Mini Crusader day cruiser

Just curious, how many of you guys have a Crusader Mini-day cruiser?
When I bought my mini day cruiser I found out that there was only 18 of them existed, from there I learned that one cracked up on some rock in Del Mar, another sunk becasue the plug was not put in before launching, and I have learned that only about 13 or 14 of them still exist, there is a sea green one that I know of, a couple blue, a red, a yellow and I don't know the other colors of the remaining boats . I bought mine in 1979 and the company went out of business just after I made the purchase.

I still have it and it seems to be the talk when ever I take it out. I had to replace the Mercury 50HP outboard and installed a 60hp Evenrude. It'll do 50 MPH and for a 13' that is plenty fast.

Hope that helps.

·
"I'm just SPRAYIN' man!!"
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
When I bought my mini day cruiser I found out that there was only 18 of them existed, from there I learned that one cracked up on some rock in Del Mar, another sunk becasue the plug was not put in before launching, and I have learned that only about 13 or 14 of them still exist, there is a sea green one that I know of, a couple blue, a red, a yellow and I don't know the other colors of the remaining boats . I bought mine in 1979 and the company went out of business just after I made the purchase.

I still have it and it seems to be the talk when ever I take it out. I had to replace the Mercury 50HP outboard and installed a 60hp Evenrude. It'll do 50 MPH and for a 13' that is plenty fast.

Hope that helps.
50 MPH is fast for a 13' !!!!

My Crusader is 21' long and will run 54mph....flat out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great looking boat!!

Do you have anymore pictures of it or know any history??

i do have more pictures i will post more tonight... as far as the history goes dont really know to much about it. i bought it 2 yrs ago off criagslist for 2700. i have done alot of work on it still need to do alot more. i would love to find out more history out about it if i could? really didnt know there that rare of a boat either

·
"I'm just SPRAYIN' man!!"
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i do have more pictures i will post more tonight... as far as the history goes dont really know to much about it. i bought it 2 yrs ago off criagslist for 2700. i have done alot of work on it still need to do alot more. i would love to find out more history out about it if i could? really didnt know there that rare of a boat either
Yep, I understand they're pretty rare too....yet another great reason to keep them.

Here's a link to my restoration thread in case you want to see what the guts of these things look like.

Crusader Project

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know this is a old thread but… I picked up a Crusader 19’ day cruiser last year. according to the HIN its a 1977 and SN #0018, could this be one of the 18 mentioned in post #4? been trying to find out any info on it. I got it with no engine (was told it had a BBF) and it has a Berkeley 12-JC. hoping to get it in the water this year with something in it, BBO (have running engine and all parts for mounting), BBC (have just engine)?
Sky Plant Road surface Asphalt Wood

Paint Font Yellow Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Sky Cloud Plant Tree Wood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Boat trailer Automotive tire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts