Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to know who has the most hours on a set of lifters and what kind of power the mill makes.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
Just wanting to know who has the most hours on a set of lifters and what kind of power the mill makes.
Crower Severe Duty
Since March '02
280lbs seat... 700lbs over the nose
Spinning SS worked B w/inducer 6400-6600 on motor... 7500-7700 on bottle.

About 10-15 river trips a year... roughly 30 miles a day per trip.... plus occasional local lake trips... damn... I'm starting to think I need to drive less... guess that's why I burn up so much fuel.:)sphss

I think this may be a loaded question though.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Crower Severe Duty
Since March '02

About 10-15 river trips a year... roughly 30 miles a day per trip.... plus occasional local lake trips... damn... I'm starting to think I need to drive less... guess that's why I burn up so much fuel.:)sphss
you certainly have got me beat in terms of mileage. probably 6-7 river trips a year for me and 5-6 events a year with a ton of passes at the track.
my deal had 310 seat, 830 open pressure.
jesel aluminum tie-bar lifters lasted from 2006-2010 without breaking.
6600 rpm on motor, about 7000 on the bottle

just switched over to Jesel's steel body lifters because they seem more durable.
now running 385 seat, 1100 open
and turning 7600 rpm.
1 full season of boating and racing on them so far with no problems.

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
in my drag car, .904 size, 350 seat 1000 open , swap out every 300 runs or so. oh, jesel rockers,tit valves,8250 rpm

boat, bbc 588inch blown, .904 size isky with no rollers, 325 seat,900 open no issues at all so far, when one lets go ill post the time...lol

When I had the shop i'd tell most all guys 400 1/4 mile shots and give um a close look, most evryone just had 2 sets and rotated one to be sent back for rebuild..thats pre .904 in everything days..hahah

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
Crower Severe Duty
Since March '02

I think this may be a loaded question though.

Ok... so what ended up being the "good" lifters as I am now needing to bite the bullet and buy a new set. Decided to take a check at my valvetrain since the 489 is coming out and pump gas 427 going in the gullwing... and well... got one lifter that is starting to get that crunchy not so happy feel on the wheel. What is the life span of Morels? Jesels? If there is something better, then now is the time to spend the loot.

So much for trying to get to the 10 year mark... :(

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Ok... so what ended up being the "good" lifters as I am now needing to bite the bullet and buy a new set. Decided to take a check at my valvetrain since the 489 is coming out and pump gas 427 going in the gullwing... and well... got one lifter that is starting to get that crunchy not so happy feel on the wheel. What is the life span of Morels? Jesels? If there is something better, then now is the time to spend the loot.

So much for trying to get to the 10 year mark... :(
Morel has about the best finish and tolerance control in the indistry right now. The GS line is another really good choice. Of course, nothing wrong with Jesel stuff either.
Sent you a PM.

·
Members only
4,518 Posts
well, that 3 to 4 laps more than the termite eat ridden pirate ship has put in over the past 5 years.
All right! Thats it! I am now going to beat you sensless!:(((((( First I am going to do this->:punch: then this!->:spanks: and this!->:deadhorsejz2: some of these->:sheep: getting a little winded->:boxing8: RESULT->:knockout:

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
All right! Thats it! I am now going to beat you sensless!:(((((( First I am going to do this->:punch: then this!->:spanks: and this!->:deadhorsejz2: some of these->:sheep: getting a little winded->:boxing8: RESULT->:knockout:
:)devil kinda like roller lifters. they all work great until they get tired and don't...

even the bostick seems able to wear 'em out. 'course, he can break his boat just puttin it on the trailer, so not surprising... :)

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
:)devil kinda like roller lifters. they all work great until they get tired and don't...

even the bostick seems able to wear 'em out. 'course, he can break his boat just puttin it on the trailer, so not surprising... :)

That's Mr. The Bostick to you Bobby... and that's just wrong... cruel... fucked up... mean... and I like your style... toche!:wink2:

That has to be about the only time I actually took my helmet off to hit someone with it... fortuante for me the unnamed NJBA official took my attention away from my rapidly sinking boat with 3 inch and a half sized holes in it to ball me out about rumours of my pop-off not functioning properly... which became a small scene in itself.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
:thumb:

Except....

:sheep: ?????

:wtf:

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
That's Mr. The Bostick to you Bobby... and that's just wrong... cruel... fucked up... mean... and I like your style... toche!:wink2:

That has to be about the only time I actually took my helmet off to hit someone with it... fortuante for me the unnamed NJBA official took my attention away from my rapidly sinking boat with 3 inch and a half sized holes in it to ball me out about rumours of my pop-off not functioning properly... which became a small scene in itself.
dear mr. the bostick. some jawdrop type things just cannot be forgotten. i am merely trying to keep up with the caveman and the gn owner... a near impossibility i know. but just have to try. and i didn't even mention nitro....:D

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have thought about lifters/ life/ procedures a lot over the years. I have had 1 crower lifter fail in a bunch of years. (11 ish) Not to bad.
BUT, none would have been better.
I warm up oil prior to starting always. Now, most guys just start it and let it idle. I bring it up to 2000 ish rpm's. My theory is the engine has been sitting for a couple weeks at least. In my little world this will at least splash oil onto the lifters from the rod journals. It also should pressurize the lifter galley quicker (in tems of time, probably not in terms of actual revolutions??) So, am I pissing in the wind? Overthinking things? Or a damn genius? ROFL
Wags

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
I have thought about lifters/ life/ procedures a lot over the years. I have had 1 crower lifter fail in a bunch of years. (11 ish) Not to bad.
BUT, none would have been better.
I warm up oil prior to starting always. Now, most guys just start it and let it idle. I bring it up to 2000 ish rpm's. My theory is the engine has been sitting for a couple weeks at least. In my little world this will at least splash oil onto the lifters from the rod journals. It also should pressurize the lifter galley quicker (in tems of time, probably not in terms of actual revolutions??) So, am I pissing in the wind? Overthinking things? Or a damn genius? ROFL
Wags
I do that & still kill em

1 - 20 of 22 Posts