Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fix your own boat??
And to go off on a tangent.....
I'd be willing to guess, owners of the boats in the 18-22ft range are more likely to carry a toolbox and more likely to be able to fix their own boat out on the water. I believe the larger big buck boats are the ones who just call vessel assist, load it on the trailer and take it to the local pro boat wrenchers.

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,137 Posts
i fix some things ,impeller belts,batts,wheel berring change the ice in the cooler(from water to ice) fill the cooler with beers,hold the towel while lonley women change their suits,mix drinks:)devil

·
Registered
641 Posts
fix your own boat??
And to go off on a tangent.....
I'd be willing to guess, owners of the boats in the 18-22ft range are more likely to carry a toolbox and more likely to be able to fix their own boat out on the water. I believe the larger big buck boats are the ones who just call vessel assist, load it on the trailer and take it to the local pro boat wrenchers.

I'd be willing to guess, your boats is in the 18-22ft range.
I carry a small tool kit on my boat & a Vessel Assist card, if it's not a repair that can be made on the water.
Does size really matter.
Mike

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
373 Posts
One of the original shade tree mechanics here, literally had to use one of the trees in the Havasu Landing camp ground to pull my engine an replace the fly wheel ring gear.

·
1,278 Posts
?

Fixed my starb. motor with nothing but a Leatherman on Sunday. Does that count???

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fixed my starb. motor with nothing but a Leatherman on Sunday. Does that count???

Hell yes!! You get bonus "McGuyver" points for using a leatherman too!!
Had any good sushi lately Carey?

·
1,278 Posts
Hell yes!! You get bonus "McGuyver" points for using a leatherman too!!
Had any good sushi lately Carey?
No way way Bro...I have to wait another whole year....Hell I wouldn't even now what to order... LOL.....WHAT EVER THE HELL YOU SERVED THIS YEAR WAS OFF THE HOOK...

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have tools, spare parts, and spare fluid that i carry on my boat. I have let my friends, and people i do not know use what they need and yes I have broken down:|err but it's not allways an easy fix on the water.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
tools? they slow the boat down too much.

ok, I carry a small bag of tricks and would be limitted to what I could do with them without parts anyway.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
screw that. wrenching is for poor people. i'd never do that.....well,screw driver maybe.
What the hell are you talking about?:)eh:) You're rigging your own boat. You better bring half a damn engine with you, and a whole toolbox!:)sphss :D

Looking good by the way!:)devil

:)hand

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
he said on the water. not the driveway next to the shade tree. shouldn't need tools on the water after the dail-in(fingers crossed):D
besides i'm too cheap to spring for half an engine.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts