Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the boat off the trailer. Got some trailer repairs to do. Before I get the boat back on, I am gonna weigh the trailer, then the whole deal.

She is gonna be in river trim.

Still need to check the fuel, but I bet there is 20 or so gallons in there.

Two anchors, tool box, stereo, river games, bbq, chairs, table, life jackets (10), bimini, and all the other crap in the boat.

Tommy told me that this particular boat (his first one) was way heavy.

Anyone wanna take a guess what my 83 MPH deck weighs?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Got the boat off the trailer. Got some trailer repairs to do. Before I get the boat back on, I am gonna weigh the trailer, then the whole deal.

She is gonna be in river trim.

Still need to check the fuel, but I bet there is 20 or so gallons in there.

Two anchors, tool box, stereo, river games, bbq, chairs, table, life jackets (10), bimini, and all the other crap in the boat.

Tommy told me that this particular boat (his first one) was way heavy.

Anyone wanna take a guess what my 83 MPH deck weighs?
Ill play. 927lbs just came to me. I say 927 lbs...:grin:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Okay Dan I'll play! BTW This is mark from AEE, If you remember? I would guess off trailer ready to play would be 2700-3200 lbs For your'e sake I hope i'm high! If I am way low then good job getting it to run in the eighties regardless. Let me know-Mark.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mark, what's up. Yea I remember.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Well since your running one of the lead filled Ford things in there! So probably 2150# I bet tbe Hustler is still heavier. lol

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lead filled maybe, but I don't need a glorified air compressor to hit 80mph. :).

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Heck my 21 daytona 1000 lbs bare hull, weighs easily over 2500. They are alot heavier than you think. A bare bones race boat with a 400 lb hull weighs around 1400. Now add wood frames for seats, upholstery, carpet, fuel tanks, engine hatch, swim steps, and a lot more fiberglass, plus you have mentioned its a heavy layup.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Like Kjell said... a fairly light hull still adds up quick. Im going to assume a rough weight of 1500 bare hull. At the very least double that with the rest included. Im going to say 3,456lbs

1 - 20 of 36 Posts